The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody shooting trap with a 28 gauge? Just bought a nice over and under from CaymanS, going to try it out this Monday night at the trap league. Picked some shells up at Walmart, Remington Nitro Sporting Clays load (only thing they had!) for $9.75 a box. Price didn't seem too bad, but I never owned or bought anything 28 guage before!

·
Registered
976 Posts
I shoot Sporting with a 28 gauge, it really is a fun gun to shoot. Good luck with it.

·
Registered
154 Posts
I did last year; I took my RRL up to shoot it before grouse season started. used my full choke and B&P extra rossa 7.5 shot shells. I did better than I thought I would. I had to cover the bird. I only shot 25 but broke 18; ran 15 straight after I dialed it in. $9.75 in a good price, I think I paid $99 shipped for a flat of B&P.
Have fun.

Michael

·
Banned
26,979 Posts
a 28 gauge is small for trap shooting, however for skeet ans clays thay are fine as long as the clays targets are not too far out.

·
Registered
3,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well shot it monday night for the first time, took a little while to find it, broke only 13 out of 25, last 10 straight!
MTB where did you get the B&P extra rossa 7.5's?

·
Registered
976 Posts
I got to shoot a beautiful Blaser F3 28 gauge today, man what a sweeet gun!

·
Registered
154 Posts
m77lewis,

I got them through B&P. As of now they are out of 28g. but I did hear about a month ago they are planning on restocking them. You do have to buy them in flats (10x25=250shells) Here's the web site http://www.bandpusa.com/

You may want to call them for any updates.

Thanks,
Michael

1 - 9 of 9 Posts