The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My daughter passed her Hunter Safety class and is going turkey hunting this spring. She wants to use her grandfathers 28 gauge and I patterned it last year with a winchester load and it did good out to 25 yds. I was wondering if anyone has heard or used the Hevi-shot loads for this type of gauge and what results you got.

·
Registered
5,161 Posts
I'd doesn't need to be a turkey load. Hevi shot loads 28 huge shells in their hevi shot duck, and classic doubles line. Either will most likely pattern better than lead shells. I use the hevi shiot duck loads in my 16 gauge. They get the job done.

·
Super Moderator
1,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I contacted Hevi shot and they sent me a reply. They recommended the duck load in 4,5 or 6 shot. They also gave me a link to where I could get it. Now if I can just convince the wife for a box of 10 at 35 bucks is worth it.

·
Registered
3,324 Posts
I use the Fiocchi Golden Pheasant game loads of #6's for everything with my 28g when bird hunting. Never had any issues. Not to mention you'll pay much less than $35/box!!

·
Premium Member
24,188 Posts
PAlimbhanger said:
I contacted Hevi shot and they sent me a reply. They recommended the duck load in 4,5 or 6 shot. They also gave me a link to where I could get it. Now if I can just convince the wife for a box of 10 at 35 bucks is worth it.
Say...Come on honey it's for our daughter

1 - 6 of 6 Posts