The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if anyone else has been following the new up and coming cartridge the 26 Nosler. Anyone have any thoughts, ideas or comments on what they think it will be like?

·
Registered
6,416 Posts
Pretty much a slightly lower recoil version of "Hey !! I can almost do what a 7mm STW can do !!"

It's kinda like the .17 WSM that came out recently......A good idea, really. Just not a new or significantly improved one.

·
Registered
5,790 Posts
There is a new mouse trap out there every day. Its probably okey wildcatters are always eager for something else to play with. I happen to be at times and have quite a few. Most of the time there is something already out there. Its another version of drag racing bullets. Most of my wildcats I have for a personel reason and enjoy toying with them. I actually had 7 Stw 5 years before Layne Simpson from Shooting Times introduced it. We called it a 7mm x 8mm magnum.

·
Registered
72 Posts
If you get one and hunt the same animals at the same distance as before it will become apparent quickly that it was never needed in the first place.

·
Registered
4,537 Posts
Strut10 said:
Pretty much a slightly lower recoil version of "Hey !! I can almost do what a 7mm STW can do !!"

It's kinda like the .17 WSM that came out recently......A good idea, really. Just not a new or significantly improved one.
How isn't the 17WSM a significantly improved rimfire round? Nothing rimfire compares to it. If I was living/hunting in a rimfire only part of the state I would own one.

·
Super Moderator
7,820 Posts
snowangel said:
If you get one and hunt the same animals at the same distance as before it will become apparent quickly that it was never needed in the first place.
"Need" is a word that most rifle cranks have long ago stricken from their vocabulary. If the vast majority of us were real honest with ourselves, we could buy almost any brand of rifle in 30-06 and do everything we do with no issues. Yet, many of us own many other rifles.

The 26 Nosler isn't anything I'm running out to buy...I have a great shooting 264WM...but it's interesting.

As far as "overlap" goes, I've got that in spades. Two 30-06's, a 300WSM, and a 300H&H. No, no overlap here....

·
Registered
5,159 Posts
RobOz said:
Strut10 said:

How isn't the 17WSM a significantly improved rimfire round? Nothing rimfire compares to it. If I was living/hunting in a rimfire only part of the state I would own one.
5mm Remington mag

·
Registered
6,416 Posts
Borden811 said:
RobOz said:
Strut10 said:

5mm Remington mag
EXACTLY why I worded it thataway !!!!

Put a 20 grainer in the 45 year old 5mm Rem Rim Mag and see what sorts of velocities it kicks out.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts