The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I dont take many fish but I really enjoy working on these big fish. Custom cast head and fins. The colors are not exaggerated, it really was this brightly colored.

·
Registered
3,064 Posts
Did the red stripe really continue into the tail like that? Beautiful fish, just never saw one quite like that, although I've caught a bunch of them over the years and each one was unique. Some were dull, some very bright, some had no pink stripe, some it was blood red like this one, and some had light black spots on the back.

·
Banned
649 Posts
Jeff I didn't see you at the show? Or I was too busy and didn't notice you were there?

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks everyone. Joe...I'm in the process of building a new shop and didn't have time to put a piece together or even come for a day. Only the second time since 1992 that I've missed. See you there next year! I know it's a golden rainbow but everyone around here calls them palominos.

·
Premium Member
24,083 Posts
Nice mount, I like the crayfish as well

·
Registered
8,072 Posts
blitzinstripes said:
Did the red stripe really continue into the tail like that? Beautiful fish, just never saw one quite like that, although I've caught a bunch of them over the years and each one was unique. Some were dull, some very bright, some had no pink stripe, some it was blood red like this one, and some had light black spots on the back.

This one came from the hatchery and was placed in a holding pond to get bigger, it ate a lot of natural food and had room to move. The pond is spring fed with tons of fresh oxygenated cold water. This was probably the best coloration on one I have see.

The stripe went all the way to its tail, and the tail itself was pink in color.

Not nearly as big as the one above, but giving these guys some access to fresh cold water,and some natural food really makes for some wild colors.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts