The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5,590 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To all those who say the democrat's will not go after your guns Goggle up $25 Chicago gun tax.

Whose home town is this and what party control's that city.

It's only starting IMO.

·
Registered
7,160 Posts
Wow, a "violence tax" imposed on a legal purchase to fund the "criminal justice system, and healthcare (for injured perps)". I wonder, how many firearms used in crimes are legally purchased by the person committing the crime (not a straw purchase). Crack down on the "straw man", and that would solve a big part of the problem.

Obama care will solve their healthcare issues. So, Chicago's problems will become ours soon.

·
Registered
3,634 Posts
The "violence" tax should be imposed on criminals that commit the crimes. Put them to work for rehabilitation and tax them a standard flat tax on there earnings then let that pay for police funding to combat crime.

·
Registered
19,190 Posts
Funny how the Left gets upset @ a voter ID saying it's disenfranchisement.

But they have no problem w/the guvmn't

- demanding an ID

- requiring you pay special federal taxes on

- requiring time consuming federal and in many cases state background checks

- requiring you to also provide your SSN (actually saying you don't have to provide it if you don't want timely action)

- Requiring you to prove your residency (not just your name/address)

- allowing states/localities to arbitrarily impose additional taxes on

- and allowing states/localities to arbitrarily impose waiting periods on

exercising your 2A rights.

The latest Heller decision basically said the states can't say "nobody can ever own a gun" but pretty much allowed them to require you to guess how many marbles are in a barrel or publicly read a Chinese newspaper as a requirement- as long as they dont' ever say "you can't ever own one, you just need to satisfy these requirements...".

I think they should have a voting tax. $100 a pop. If you can't save $25/year to vote for POTUS, you obviously don't take voting that seriously and shouldn't pollute the results w/your arbitrary whims.

BH

·
Registered
5,590 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I find it very telling, those who feel so strong that the democrats would never do something like this are NOT responding to this thread, they must think it O.K.

·
Banned
1,328 Posts
It passed in conjunction with gambling and cigarette tax increases. I guess they're considering guns a "sin" now too. It won't effectively do anything to stem the carnage there as the criminals aren't buying their weapons legitimately anyway. A waste of time by the commissioners there, but is something they can take to the people at re-election time that they are working to solve their problems.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts