The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys anyone have some help here? Brand new win Mod 70 Extreme Weather 22 inch barell 1:10 twist. This rifle does not like the 100 Rem core lokts. I am looking to shoot hogs and maybe coytoes anyway. 55-70 grain bullets?

·
Registered
26 Posts
sierra makes an 85gr boat tail hp that would work... or nosler/winchester has a combined technologies 95gr ballistic silvertip, also available in 55gr.. i believe they are boat tails too... i shoot the 95gr ones out of my 788, they group well for me even without handloading them... winchester makes them in a black box, nickel brass... cxp1's i think are the 55gr.

·
Registered
513 Posts
Jaybird said:
sierra makes an 85gr boat tail hp that would work... or nosler/winchester has a combined technologies 95gr ballistic silvertip, also available in 55gr.. i believe they are boat tails too... i shoot the 95gr ones out of my 788, they group well for me even without handloading them... winchester makes them in a black box, nickel brass... cxp1's i think are the 55gr.
I second that! I shoot a howa, and a ruger both with great results.

·
Registered
25,491 Posts
55gr Btips work very well for woodchucks and were the bullets of choice in my friends' 6mm Rem varminters. The bud with the custom Douglass-barreled 6mm06, used 85gr Btips for long pokes at woodchucks with that thing.

The 55gr ones also shoot well in my M788 243. They'll probably ruin the hide on song dogs, though?

For deer, I'd likely go with the 95gr Btip. I've never used them, but a buddy did in his M700 6mm Rem and they worked very well for deer.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts