The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
There's a pretty aggressive one trying to hog all the feeders. Wonder what they're feeding them?

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If you go out to You Tube, I believe you'll see two camera angles. The one that looks directly down one of the feed boxes can be seen in the other camera shot. From what I've read on the site, he feeds them around 2PM and it appears that he uses oats. I have mixed feelings about this feeding activity. If you watch for a while, you'll see a lot of aggression by deer confined to limited feeding locations. This may be doing more harm than good.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCdmPhiIJ-s7MJG2WtM7nbUw
Here's the You Tube site again. Note there are two choices for viewing.
Hope this helps with your questions.

·
Registered
3,435 Posts
I spent last week in Misardis Maine. On the Allagash River. Pretty nice if you like lots and lots, of snow. Snow shoed in, pulled our gear in on sleds, camped and did some ice fishing. I saw some deer, not many but they were much heavier than our whitetails. I did not see a moose or a Lynx but saw tracks of both.

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
Looks like a good way to get CWD started.I just don`t get why people think wild animals can not feed their self.With all the CWD these days and knowing it comes from penned up deer I think this looks like a bad idea.JMO

1 - 7 of 7 Posts