The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

22lr bricks

4K views 29 replies 22 participants last post by  glock3540 
#1 ·
I was at an auction on sunday and saw 22lr bricks selling for $95,00 each. What is happening to the common sense factor or do people have more money than brains.

#3 ·
Simply rule of supply and demand. What I don't understand is the people who are beating up the sellers of the ammo and guns. The buyers are responsible for setting the price.
Do these same people jump on the market when it reverses and supply is abundant. When the poor soul who has spent every penny of his lunch money and has to sell his hoard for 50 cents on the dollar.

#4 ·
Its absolutely retarded. I always keep a qty of around 1500-2000 rounds of 22lr on hand just because you never knew when walmart was going to get the bulk packs in even before this whole hoopla so I have should have enough for the another 12 months or so shooting conservatively. I have a lot of semi 22's to feed and I would go broke trying to shoot them at these prices. People are insane. Just relax for a month or two and it will adjust out. I refuse to pay insane prices for any ammo.

#15 ·
burninghxcsoul said:
A local shop has the winchester 333 packs for 57 bucks.... I refuse to pay that much of a premium. That takes all of the fun of shooting 22lrs.
$14.99 at Walmart in Mechanicsburg yesterday. They had 2 boxes left.

#21 ·
mauser06 said:
I noticed the same exact thing....no price gouging at Walmart...where do you guys think those 80-100$ bricks of ammo are coming from?? Walmart for 14.97 or whatever lol.
I think your right.

#23 ·
I knew we were in trouble when the hoarders started delving into the match ammo........at 9-15 bucks/50 rounds I don't even like buying it, and I need it for competition.........these people are crazy....

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.