The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was at an auction on sunday and saw 22lr bricks selling for $95,00 each. What is happening to the common sense factor or do people have more money than brains.

·
Super Moderator
23,759 Posts
It's the same online too.

It's not even the good ammo either. Cheap bulk ammo. Crazy

·
Registered
711 Posts
Simply rule of supply and demand. What I don't understand is the people who are beating up the sellers of the ammo and guns. The buyers are responsible for setting the price.
Do these same people jump on the market when it reverses and supply is abundant. When the poor soul who has spent every penny of his lunch money and has to sell his hoard for 50 cents on the dollar.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Its absolutely retarded. I always keep a qty of around 1500-2000 rounds of 22lr on hand just because you never knew when walmart was going to get the bulk packs in even before this whole hoopla so I have should have enough for the another 12 months or so shooting conservatively. I have a lot of semi 22's to feed and I would go broke trying to shoot them at these prices. People are insane. Just relax for a month or two and it will adjust out. I refuse to pay insane prices for any ammo.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
I found a t-shirt that is absolutely perfect.

"Common sense is so rare these days it should be classified as a super-power"

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
A local shop has the winchester 333 packs for 57 bucks.... I refuse to pay that much of a premium. That takes all of the fun of shooting 22lrs.

·
Super Moderator
23,759 Posts
It's actually cheaper to shoot .22 mag right now. Easier to find too.

·
Registered
4,541 Posts
I saw an online dealer advertising bulk pack Rem hollow points 525 to the box for $99.95.

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
My local gun shop has boxes of 525 count for $39.99 with a limit of two. And I thought that was too high, WOW there are some crazy prices out there.

·
Registered
10,960 Posts
burninghxcsoul said:
A local shop has the winchester 333 packs for 57 bucks.... I refuse to pay that much of a premium. That takes all of the fun of shooting 22lrs.
$14.99 at Walmart in Mechanicsburg yesterday. They had 2 boxes left.

·
Registered
10,960 Posts
BTW Bass Pro had no rimfire except for 22 shot shells.

·
Registered
800 Posts
I won't pay what these people are selling them for but I can get 50-150 shells when I stop at the local shop for 3.09/50. I got lucky at Walmart today and picked up a 1000 round pack for $48.

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
I find it interesting how the big retail stores like Cabelas, Dicks, and Walmart still sell their ammo and components at or around pre-Newtown prices. Yet alot of the smaller "Mom & Pop" shops are now 3x to 4x the price.

Good luck, Tony

·
Super Moderator
12,799 Posts
I noticed the same exact thing....no price gouging at Walmart...where do you guys think those 80-100$ bricks of ammo are coming from?? Walmart for 14.97 or whatever lol.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts