The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saturday is the first day of fall turkey,can I carry my T/C .223 contender for turkeys and my crossbow for deer?

·
Registered
12,211 Posts
I can see it now: Savage teams with Matthews and developes a crossbow / .223 combo a-la the famous Savage dynamic shotgun under and rifle over set up. Or an in-line ML under the crossbow part - for the true traditionalist. The only way I can see a cap and ball or flinter being part of this is an underhammer ignition system. I may be onto something here (or perhaps just on something?)

·
Registered
3,887 Posts
Hmmm.....Hmmmmm....Hmmmmmm, I'm just hangin out....waitin for John to post his answer to the shotgun\crossbow question.

·
Registered
5,952 Posts
141.43. Deer.
(a) Archery deer season.

(2) Prohibitions. While hunting deer during the archery deer season, it is unlawful to:

(i) Use or possess a firearm. Exceptions:

(A) A person may possess certain firearms during the archery deer season under the authorizations of section 2525 of the act (relating to possession of firearm for protection of self or others).

(B) A person may possess and use both a bow or crossbow and a muzzleloading firearm during the overlaps of the early archery and muzzleloader deer seasons and the late archery and flintlock muzzleloading deer seasons if that person is in possession of both a valid archery deer license and a valid muzzleloader deer license and meets the greater protective material requirements for the muzzleloader deer season, if applicable.

·
Banned
26,979 Posts
If you took the time to read your digest you would know why!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts