The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Banned
26,979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have seen here where people are having trouble finding .223 ammo. I just got my Natchez catalog two days ago and they seem to have a good selection of .223 ammo. Just FYI.

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Just to be 100% i checked the website clicked on available 223 It said No Items Found. Cabellas had some Black Hills, must have been back stock the cases are very dingy.

·
Registered
652 Posts
This really stinks... I've been seriously considering buying a .223 sporter bolt gun to try my hand at competing in some local groundhog shoots. For me it would have to be dual purpose, the meets and some varmit hunting. I noticed that some of the cheap ammo was offered in sp and hp as well as the fmj junk. It just flatout made sense to me till everyone freaked out. The guns are pretty scare too.

·
Super Moderator
4,597 Posts
I picked up a box 2 weeks ago, and grabbed another box last weekend. Most places dont have any at all and if they do, you better grab a box..The place I found some last weekend was limited to 1 box per customer.

·
Registered
652 Posts
I was looking on midway when i saw the cheaper stuff at 7.50 a box, now they won't even take backorders on it. Gunbroker sellers are getting premiun prices for it. Even the lil one man shop i know of (and most don't)raised his prices from 11.00 to 17.00 because he can get that now.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
I'm in northeast pa and we still have .223 on the shelf.

20 rounds of wolf will still set you back about 7 bucks.
20 rounds of remington white box is about 12.

dicks,gander mountain, and deckers bows and more all had it in stock.

·
Registered
32 Posts
There's 223 on the shelf but for a lot more than 7 a box. More like 15 a box. Glad i was sitting on a few thousand before the <span style="font-style: italic">crap</span> started.. Good luck!!

·
Registered
3,374 Posts
All the hype is keeping the demand high and thus the prices will remain high.
Simple demand and supply.
I really don't think it's a demand thing, places like Gunbroker and alike will keep pricing things high so as long as people pay those prices. When folks stop buying and items sit for a while, prices will come down.
The best thing everyone can do is to relax and let things get back to normal.
The less said the better.
If everyone keeps whooping it up everytime there is a news story things will never get back to normal and we will only have ourselves to thank for feeding into this craziness.

·
Registered
25,730 Posts
Local Walmart has none and if they did, there's a three box per customer per day limit on all ammo. Not much of anything there yesterday, not even any 22 rimfire.

Didn't need any, just had to mosey back to look.

·
Registered
11,357 Posts
local walmart here has had Tulammo in .223 for $4.97/box 20.

their 3 box limit only works when you don't have family/friends/strangers willing to help you. walked out with 21 boxes the other night.

22 rimfire and 22mag have been impossible to find here though, even in small shops. I picked up the last 1000rounds of 22LR two weeks ago and they haven't been able to get any since.
still searching for some .22wmr for fox hunting, i'm down to 6!

it is madness out there. i've scarfed up a few AR's (but didn't pay the current prices) and a ton of high capacity mags. Just sold a few mossberg .22 25rnd mags last night for $110EACH, I paid 29.99each a week ago. The guy was willing to go to 150 but I just couldn't do it, figured I had to cut him some kind of break.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts