The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
957 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm having difficult time locating ammo for a 222 Rem. Mag. Does anyone know of any suppliers or contacts where I could pick some up.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Join the club.... I posted the same inquiry last week. I don't think you can buy factory loads for this caliber anymore - it all just depends on who may have some extra boxes left over. Unless you're willing to pay ~$60 a box from Midway USA - I was not.

·
Super Moderator
4,786 Posts
I think he would be fine shooting regular 222 Rem ammo.No major differnce between the two in my reloading books.Other than a .020 case length and it takes a little more powder when reloading.I also think it could be fire formed easily from regular ammo and reloaded.If he wants to invest in saving money.If my observation is incorrect please correct me.

·
Registered
5,102 Posts
Your opinion is incorrect....a standard .222 should not be fired in a .222 magnum chamber....accuracy would likely be very poor at best...

As I said on another of the OP's threads re: ammo, Lance Hendershot at http://www.hendershots.net can fix him up.....apparently, the OP believes the ammo will magically appear here though?

The deuce mag is a handloader's round now although it is the parent case for the .204 Ruger....

·
Registered
435 Posts
Was in Dicks, and Gander Mountain in Niles, OH last night and remembered your post. Neither had the .222 mag.

·
Registered
3,732 Posts
winchesterbob said:
Your opinion is incorrect....a standard .222 should not be fired in a .222 magnum chamber....accuracy would likely be very poor at best...
Not only that, but the 222 RM headspace spec is longer at 1.492" vs 1.294" for the 222.

Firing a 222 in a 222 RM chamber wouldn't be the best idea one had that day!

Bill

1 - 14 of 14 Posts