The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6,460 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Only one the know why is the Veterans.. However when they kill themselves in the parking lots of the VA Facility it's reads like they are quite frustrated with the VA process.

Nice to see that the VA has a crisis telephone line for them to call...You wonder though just some of the things veterans have to go through if people are really understanding at the VA.

I have been around Veterans now 52 years.. Things have improved. I think back to the Vietnam Era.. I remember having a Physical for a service connected injury back in 1971. The doctor appeared to be a rent a doc that gave me the physical.. He was a real jerk...I came home and said to my wife "The injury I got in the CG we will not be getting anything for it!" Low and behold they did say in the rejection .. You truly did receive this in the CG but it doesn't warrant a % of disability..

I do like now that President Trump is making improvements for the Veterans who now get considered to have service connected disabilities that do deserve a percentage. Remember Vietnam Era veterans were treated like dung.. Even the VA hired doctors did not care during the Vietnam Era.

Pray for the families of the veterans that end their lives daily.. Sad. The Boogieman is real...

·
Registered
19,116 Posts
i dont want anyone to take this the wrong way, but our Sinators and Congresscritters care more about illegal immigrants than our veterans. THATS JUST WRONG.

·
Registered
6,460 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Some day when we get invaded and the enemy goes out to Indiantown Gap and pours my ashes on the ground from my area. I hope some of my ashes get in their eye. Better yet maybe my finger nail...Remember the oath we all took when we joined all the 5 armed forces... Us old Soldiers That Never Die may be the only one that will take to the mountains to fight the invaders.

·
Registered
19,116 Posts
how many of the Presidential candidates for 2020 are veterans ?...combat veterans ?

(i never served, but my family has a long line of veterans from WW1, WW2, Korea, Vietnam and Afghanistan / Iraq)

·
Registered
244 Posts
i dont want anyone to take this the wrong way, but our Sinators and Congresscritters care more about illegal immigrants than our veterans. THATS JUST WRONG.

Who cares if someone takes it the wrong way. Service men and women get left in the trash compared to illegal aliens. But thank god for our sanctuary cities! The US always needs more mouths fed and cared for on the states(my tax) coin. While vets get crap care and have long waits for any condition they may have...

·
Banned
26,979 Posts
I don`t think any of them are, including our currant President Bone Spur Draft Dogging Donnie.....
Never knew we had a currant in the White house! What we do have is a better President than any of the last several decades of demonrat Presidents.

·
Registered
19,116 Posts
My Father fought in Korea and survived the Chosin Reservoir. he was 19 at the time. i never understood what was going on with him until i got older and PTSD became a more common name on the news. i saw it first hand.

he finally got an increase in his service related disability check because of the PTSD. i believe he was around 78 when he got it. they finally recognized it affected Korean vets and he applied for it around 3 years before he got it.

our vets...need better attention. 22 a day equals 660 a month, 7,920 a year....if thats not mass killing....I dont know what is. :(

·
Super Moderator
13,019 Posts
April 2007.....President Trump signed legislation that dramatically expands a program at the Department of Veterans Affairs that lets patients seek care from private doctors if they want to bypass the troubled VA system.

·
Registered
3,668 Posts
how many of the Presidential candidates for 2020 are veterans ?...combat veterans ?

(i never served, but my family has a long line of veterans from WW1, WW2, Korea, Vietnam and Afghanistan / Iraq)
Afghanistan vet Pete Buttigieg. He is also proposing a vet tax starting at $25 and going up with income.

·
Registered
19,116 Posts
Afghanistan vet Pete Buttigieg. He is also proposing a vet tax starting at $25 and going up with income.

i think it was Beto O'Rourke
https://www.cnn.com/2019/06/24/politics/beto-orourke-war-tax-veterans-plan/index.html

sounds reasonable as long as they lock it down and make sure it can only be spent on Veterans. AND...they have to use it on all Veterans not just for what he is calling "New Wars".

if they start collecting this "tax" and there are no new wars, what would they use it for? themselves most likely.

we dont need any new wars!!

·
Registered
19,116 Posts
if a Democrat is going to win...i would prefer it be someone with military experience including combat. they should understand what our troops have gone thru and what they need as well as the consequences of War.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts