The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
12,848 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you guys reccomend in a decent .22 semi-auto pistol? I have heard the cheaper ones jam unless you use only high powered rounds?

Jack

·
Registered
7,171 Posts
a .22 semi pistol is nothing to skimp on. every cheap one i shot i wanted to toss in the river after a few minutes.

the walther is a pretty good one.

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
I have an older Ruger Mark II semi.22 The thing is a blast to shoot.That pistol has performed flawlessly over the years.It will shoot anything.

·
Registered
6,212 Posts
Yep. The Ruger is a really good gun. I've shot them, and know quite a few people that have them that love them. They come in many different versions to choose from too.

·
Registered
4,541 Posts
I have a Ruger Mark II with bull barrel. It is a joy to shoot and never lets me down.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Another vote for Ruger Mark II. I have one, and I've shot a few of my uncle's, no problems with any of them. I also like that they have a good feel and weight to them, even for a 22.

·
Registered
19,971 Posts
Another vote for the Mark II. I also have the bull barrel and it is a lot of fun to shoot and extremely dependable. My wife is not a big fan of guns but even she had fun when I had her shooting targets.

·
Registered
12,848 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You know, I was lookingat that pistol on the Ruger site last night and would probably go for the standard 4 3/4" barrel model or the 5" bull barrel model. I`ll check out the Walther also.

Thanks-Jack

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
You can't go wrong with either a Ruger or a Browning. As far as used guns go, if you can find an old High Standard they are great guns too. As far as what you'll be using it for there are other considerations. If you just want one for plinking any of the above will work. If you want to get into target shooting then the Browning will be better then the Ruger. The Browning's come out of the box tack drivers, the Ruger's need some customizing to be equal to the Browning. Unless you pay the big bucks for the high end Ruger with the flutted barrel.

·
Registered
6,212 Posts
One of the Rugers I used was a stainless target model with adjustable sights. It had a bull barrel that was around 5" or so. That gun was a tack driver. Probably the most fun I ever had shooting a 22. IF we could hunt with them I would have one.

·
Registered
3,887 Posts
I have the Browning Buckmark. Same can be said for that gun. Just keep feeding it ammo and it will keep shootin!

Both the Ruger and the Browning are fine little semi 22's.

·
Registered
2,987 Posts
I own a walther P22 and had a walther TPH. The TPH jammed a lot, but my P99 has yet to have a problem. I use CCI bullets and nothing else. Fired about 1000 rounds through it.

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
The Ruger Mark II is my favorite.

·
Registered
12,848 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks fellas!! I will check them all out. I use mainly CCI Min-Mags with the 40 grain roundnose bullet in all of my .22s

·
Registered
12,848 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Does anyone own the Ruger Mark III 22/45 model that has alot less angle to the grip and feels like a 1911 style?

·
Registered
4,541 Posts
I have the 22/45 and really enjoy it. Thought it was a Mark II, guess I am not shooting it enough!

1 - 20 of 38 Posts