The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Why don't they make them? Is it because the rounds are too slow? .17 cal bullets have them, I'm pretty sure they make them for .22 WMR, so why not one of the most widely used rounds of all time? Come on Hornady...let's give her a try!

·
Registered
10,309 Posts
Price. Plus there are many 22 LR rounds out there to get the job done depending on circumstances.

Why add a costly novelty?

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's true... I guess that's all I was really thinking was: "wouldn't that be cool..."

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
remington claims they do make them for the 22WMR,but i have yet to see them anywhere.your right no-one makes them for 22long rifle

·
Registered
3,364 Posts
of all the 22wmr ammo out there, the 33gr remmy's and the 30gr hornady's work the best. everything i've ever hit with the 33's were DOI.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Hello Im new to the board.but I emailed remington the other day basically asking them or telling them they need to make 22 LR ballistic tips.Thay finnaly emailed me back and said they sent my email to another part of the plant to be looked at.They said the more people who email them the idea the more than likely they would listen.I told them I would buy some and told them I know im not alone.So I guess we need to get together and bug the crap out of them.I tried to get winchesters email but couldn't but did get a phone number.Maybe they will listen.They would be great on game and predators alike.I would load at least one of my autos with them for house protection for my wife and 19 year old daughter.Well I guess the more people who email them with the same idea the more they might listen to us.Well have fun and happy hunting.Buy the way I keep ballistic tips in my 22 mag derringer which is for sale 5 round stanless.Thanks

·
Registered
30 Posts
Hello I knew I would forget something.I have a high standard 22 rifle pump I've looked online but find limited info it is a sport king.I told my gun dealer I had one and in so many words he basically called me a liar this from a man who had been to a many gunshows so I don't know if my gun is rare or who sold it I think otasco used to I would like to know how old it is.But just for spite and basically being called a liar I took it to him and showed it to him and he told me it's the first he ever seen.So if anyone out there knows anyhting about my gun please tell me Thank You OH it shoots shorts longs or long rifle yeah try finding 22 longs these days

·
Registered
30 Posts
Hello and good day.I emailed remington the other day asking or telling them they need to make 22 LR ballistic tips and told them I would buy some and told them im not alone.Well they finnaly emailed me back and told me they have heard this before and sent my email to another part of the plant to be read.Thay said basically the more people who make this request the more they are likly to listen so I guess we all need to get together and bug them.Thay would be great for game and predators alike.I have a 22 mag derringer loaded with ballistic tips from remington this derringer is a five shot 22 mag and is for sale.If anybody is interested I used to use it for concealed carry but I let my permit go so I don't need it no more and I would like to sell it to buy my young daughter a 22 lr rifle.Well thank you for looking at my post and happy hunting.

·
Registered
3,364 Posts
guys, remember that 22LR projectile is .223 and 22mag is .224

Also, 22mag is a gilded bullet - 22lr is a copper coated soft lead bullet. big huge major different thing here.

you do have a more lethal (and in some cases MUCH more accurate) option for .22lr and bulk ammo.

http://www.leverguns.com/store/acurizer.htm

do a search on Paco's Accurizer Tool. it's GOOD stuff and I fully endorse it. I no longer own one...but it's worth the 70-80 bucks.

I do not think that most 22LR barrels will like the brass of a gilded bullet over the long term. Coated lead bullets are the way of the past and the way of the future AFAIAC. Who actually CLEANS their 22LR? I sure as heck don't, not until it stops operating, and even then, i only clean up the action, and not the barrel itself. the barrel very rarely gets a pass of the bore snake. it's all it ever needs. if you start passing gilded bullets, you are gonna be cleaning copper fouling out of there all the time.

The only gotcha in my mindset is the current abolition of lead boolits in some areas. Dunno what they are gonna make 22lr out of, but it sure won't be full brass bullets like the TSX

·
Registered
3,815 Posts
Nickles, doesn't surprise me. While HS made mostly pistols (and some gov't contract stuff), they were always trying to break into a broader market. they tried auto shotgun early and made a decent product, but never got the product out to customers.
They also marketed products made by 3rd parties, some high pwoer rifles, etc. I suspect you have a 22 rifle that was made by another comany or group within HS. Maybe the Crusader Gun Company Inc. Just my foggy old memory..could be wrong.

I do like my HS auto target pistols.

·
Registered
3,815 Posts
Nickles, my memory was correct, I looked into some old catalogs that hang around my house.
It is probably a Sport King Model 103, as I remembered it had a one piece stock and a cylindrical bolt operating handle. It was made about 1960s.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Hello and good day.No my high standard 22 pump rifle is realy a model P-1011.I do know it is an older gun.I used to need the button you push to disconnect the slide and I finally found one had my gunsmith put it in and it works fine.Now my gun is complete I can't stand having a gun that needs work I will make it my personal agenda to fix this gun by what ever means.But I am limited on income being on disability and usually can't afford much unless someone is nice enough to let me pay out a gun they keep the gun untill payed for they don't have to worry about anything I am the one taking the risk they might just rob me I would hope not and hope the people of this site are honest I would like to think so anyways.But I am still looking for either a light or shorter 22lr for my youngest she is kinda small for her age I do have a model 60 and my high standard pump but I haven't taken her to the river to shoot either one she has some big muscles in her legs but not her arms so she might need a rifle rest I used to let my cousin use my shoulder to make him steady on difficult shots we used to shoot birds sparrows black birds which I hate ect it worked out just fine some people may think it is stupid or dangerious but the barrell was a long way from my head.He was a pretty good shot not bragging but I was better because he lived in town and I lived in the country and got way more practice then him but he was still a good shot.Anyway if you have a smaller or lighter 22lr for sale reasonable off brand guns like otasco and montgomery wards and guns like this I might be able to afford.I am on disability and don't make much money about $700.00 a month and I get $280 right off the top which may sound like alot but it isn't when you have to buy gas to go to the Dr office in a far away town. and tobbaco and some other things it goes pretty fast the rest of my money my wife payes bills with and probably puts money in her secret bank account she don't know that I know about but I seen the bank statement when my brother in law got mad at my wife but before that I had a gut feeling and I was right.But my wife will act like we are broke because for instance I want to go out to eat and she says we don't have the money when I seen the bank statement it is hers and her sisters account but every once in awhile when she says we can't do this or afford that I will make a remark about her secret bank account and she in so many words lies My brother in law said he has seen it as high as $2000 so I think they both put money into it I haven't really tryed to say anything about it because I can get the bank statment my brother in law is getting and show her but maybe one day if she makes me upset enough.Well Thanks for your time and have a great day.My email is [email protected] if you have or run into a small 22 rifle and not a cricket and I buy old coins and paper money to coins I kinda know a little about but paper money I don't have a clue I would have to research it and hope I find it I have a silver coin from 1976 it is proof on one side of the coin it says LEGALIZATION OF MARIJUANA with a frosted marijuana leaf and other back ground.On the other side of the coin it says LIFE LIBERTY & THE PURSUIT OF HAPPINESS with a frosed liberty bell and on the liberty bell it says prohibition 1937-1976 and .999 F S and some latin words I do not know what they mean EBRII SIMUS.My mom has looked on the internet and my friend did to and me alot and my wife and can't even fid a thread of info on it so I quit looking I can only type it in so many ways and end up with nothing.Thank you very much for your time and have a great day.My email is [email protected] Thanks Again.From Okla

1 - 18 of 18 Posts