The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
771 Posts
CZ 527 American

before I bought mine I did a lot of research adn they seem to be the best. followed by the savages. I love my CZ

·
Registered
1,842 Posts
I really like my Ruger 77/22. I own the laminated stock heavy barrel stainless version. It is a fine walking varmint and fall turkey gun.

·
Registered
320 Posts
WildTigerTrout said:
I really like my Ruger 77/22. I own the laminated stock heavy barrel stainless version. It is a fine walking varmint and fall turkey gun.
I have the same gun, it's a tack driver but not very stealth.

·
Registered
1,842 Posts
VAPA said:
WildTigerTrout said:
I have the same gun, it's a tack driver but not very stealth.
I have to disagree about the stealth comment. The metal on my rifle has a target gray matte finish and does not shine any more than a blued firearm. I also have a older matte finished Nikon 3x9 mounted on it.

·
Registered
1,842 Posts
Alpine Shooter said:
If you want to kill game, don't buy 1 that game can see the sunlight shineing 2 hills away.
The metal is a target gray matte finish and does not shine anymore than a blued one.

·
Registered
730 Posts
I was going to buy a CZ but then found a Browning A Bolt on gunbroker from Grices. You can not beat the A Bolt

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
I have the ruger and it shoots good. But I would not hesitate on the CZ or Browning either. Comes down to preference. Although sometimes you'll hear complaints about a ruger that won't shoot, never heard that about a CZ.

·
Registered
614 Posts
I had a Ruger #1 that the thieves helped themselves to in 1996 that was amazingly accurate . I replaced it with a contender carbine barrel 22 hornet, not a #1 but a fun gun to play with, and plenty accurate for g-hogs out to 175yds

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
I also recommend the ruger, my dad and I share one and what a fun gun to shoot. As with most rugers it is a little heavy, but holds well and will lay out a turkey

1 - 17 of 17 Posts