The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need help guys, I need a new extractor for my Savage Model 40 22 Hornet and I need the guide plate that the bolt follows into the chamber and locks a round in. Anyone know where to get these parts? I dont want to have to send it back to Savage if I dont have to and im not seein a place to order parts on their website.. maybe im overlooking it.. please help!

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I ended up calling savage. They recommended sending in. Guess that would be the best approach to it. Ive found a few forums of guys having the same issue being resolved after sending it back to savage.

Thanks

·
Registered
857 Posts
I "had" the extraction issue with mine also (if that's what you are referring too)! Sent it back 3X until they replaced it with a new rifle. Funny thing is, the new rifle did the same thing on the 5th round through it! Was using Hornady factory rounds. Called them and eventually got the rifle replaced with a different model!

I am a Savage fan but the Model 40, IMHO, is best left alone! If your realllyyyy needing a .22 Hornet, look into the CZ line! Pending the outcome of your M40 woes...

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ya, im hoping its been long enough and they have seen it too many times to deal with the problem again and they send me 1 thats not going to have to go back again. I love the hornet load and Id really like to not have to get rid of it. Did the end of your chamber come to a "cone" shape that the extractors slid right up over and pulled back over the rim? Thats the issue im having and you can see where the extractor slid over the brass because it digs a line out of it. What kind of model did they send you when they gave you the new one.?

·
Registered
857 Posts
TurkeyBoy17 said:
Did the end of your chamber come to a "cone" shape that the extractors slid right up over and pulled back over the rim? Thats the issue im having and you can see where the extractor slid over the brass because it digs a line out of it. What kind of model did they send you when they gave you the new one.?
Yes..that's the way they are all made (as far as the cone goes)! All they will most likely do is change the feed ramp and put new extractors/spring on it, test it and send it back (after they test it of course). Hope it all works out for ya!

As for the model I requested...send me a PM and I will let ya know. I don't want it to necessarily be a "public" thing.

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
PM sent Shottie... I dont agree with that cone shape at all, just doesnt make sense with the extractors that come with that gun.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.