The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would a .204 be a little too destructive on a bobcat? I use the basic Hornady 32 grain V-Max. I would not want to mess a bobcat up too bad, because I would like to get it mounted. I know there is a long way until the season, but I am toying with the idea of getting a different rifle.

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
that shouldnt tear it up. id be suprised if you have an exit hole with good shot placement.

·
Registered
927 Posts
Yea it will, I use the hornady 45gr soft points... i took a nice red yesterdays morning with just a quarter sized hole... i will post pixs if i knew how, im typin this on my phone i do not have interweb for the pc eigt now

·
Registered
927 Posts
And that is the 204, i didnt even halfto resight it at 100y it shot the same. that is a 204 i have, the 45 gr is at 3625 fps and its a sturdy bullet that will pass through, if i was going to shoot a deer with my gun that is what i would use.

·
Registered
978 Posts

Maverick,

I shoot the same bullet out of a very similar caliber. I have tore some but, normally I am just fine. I am low on time but, I will try to find some pics of fur damage for you.

Kirk McKendree

1 - 9 of 9 Posts