The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
  • Hey Guest, it looks like you haven't made your first post yet. Until you make an introduction thread, the rest of the site is locked to posting. Why not take a few minutes to say hi!
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Super Moderator
10,165 Posts
I went out and tarped the roof on the blind today, with rain in the forecast.
Plant Tarpaulin Headgear Grass Tints and shades

There’s a big heater ( hooked up to a 20 pound bottle ) , as well as a smaller Buddy heater. Two good swivel blind chairs and a shooting rest made from milk crates zip tied together. If you expect Mrs Brownie to stay out all day, it has to be comfortable.

Motor vehicle Chair Gas Automotive exterior Wood

·
Registered
3,487 Posts
Opening day around here is pretty much a non-issue anymore. Not many hunters, not much shooting, and not many deer being kicked around, or heading for the thick stuff. Many gun hunters think there are no deer because no one is moving them like in the old days. By Sunday afternoon you wouldn't even know it was deer season if you weren't a hunter.

That blue tarp doesn't have any adverse effect on the deer, @Bigbrownie?

·
Super Moderator
10,165 Posts
Opening day around here is pretty much a non-issue anymore. Not many hunters, not much shooting, and not many deer being kicked around, or heading for the thick stuff. Many gun hunters think there are no deer because no one is moving them like in the old days. By Sunday afternoon you wouldn't even know it was deer season if you weren't a hunter.

That blue tarp doesn't have any adverse effect on the deer, @Bigbrownie?
Doesn’t appear so. The blind has been there for weeks, deer feed right past it. There’s two Spypoints watching the area near the blind. There were multiple groups of deer who filed past it yesterday afternoon ,within 35 yards of it, they never paid any attention to it. I was more concerned about leaving scent while messing with the tarp than I was with it spooking deer.
Sky Atmosphere Cloud Natural landscape Atmospheric phenomenon

This buck was under 30 yards this morning. Blind is 15 yards outside the corner of the pic. Deer have been filing in and out all morning.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Doesn’t appear so. The blind has been there for weeks, deer feed right past it. There’s two Spypoints watching the area near the blind. There were multiple groups of deer who filed past it yesterday afternoon ,within 35 yards of it, they never paid any attention to it. I was more concerned about leaving scent while messing with the tarp than I was with it spooking deer.
View attachment 200791
This buck was under 30 yards this morning. Blind is 15 yards outside the corner of the pic. Deer have been filing in and out all morning.
Another myth put to rest. When I was a kid in the 60's we always would wear blue jeans. In the late 70's that was a no no, had to be camo, the deer would spook from the shading of blue. I did shoot more deer in the 70's and later but I think it was because I got patient.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts