The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
41 - 60 of 103 Posts

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
I love neck roast so not me. Maybe on a doe if she is looking at me and I'm Iooking at her...thru the scope....

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
He had only lost 4 deer by the seasons end, that guy?

·
Registered
2,615 Posts

Reactions: JJ4D

·
Registered
16,002 Posts
Toads don't have necks so he can't shoot them anyway. Who in the world takes a neck shot ?
Almost every serious toad hunter prefers the neck shot. Iv'e taken 7 book toads, all neck shots, and none took more than a couple hops after being shot. Mebey do some reading about toad hunting or watch some videos, Tbrom has some good ones on YouTube and wrote a book I think.

·
Registered
54 Posts
i had back fusion surgery june 24th my return to work date is nov 15 for now . i will be doing alot of bow hunting . except for early muzzleloader dear and bear . ill will be at camp quite a bit.

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
Wood Arthropod Water Toad Insect

Is this a book toad? I have him patterned pretty well. He lives in my garage behind the fridge, mostly nocturnal but if the pressure is high and I can get an east wind he moves early enough I think I can get it done, and finally smoke, the toad of a lifetime.....

Reactions: NECK SHOT

·
Registered
16,002 Posts
Well, it's looking more and more like we won't be going to Canada in November, so I might make some plans to go to Illinois or get serious about Ohio again. Regardless of where I'm going to spend alot of time from Halloween thru mid November hunting somewhere, hopefully several somewheres.

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
He
View attachment 172843

Is this a book toad? I have him patterned pretty well. He lives in my garage behind the fridge, mostly nocturnal but if the pressure is high and I can get an east wind he moves early enough I think I can get it done, and finally smoke, the toad of a lifetime.....
He looks like he is young with a lot of potential! I think he will blow up into a fully mature toad with another year or two!!!

·
Registered
765 Posts
Wow not many people hunting the last offered week in November? Most are cut off at the 14th? No 15th-19th???? If you want the big boy gotta hunt the last week men. With the exception of the first day miracle the month of October has always been a giant bust for me. I can count on both hands the amount of total deer I've seen on Halloween its been that bad. November is when the monsters start creeping out. By the third week they are out in full force. I'm a firm believer that they let the little bucks perform the fake October/early November rut.

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Wow not many people hunting the last offered week in November? Most are cut off at the 14th? No 15th-19th???? If you want the big boy gotta hunt the last week men. With the exception of the first day miracle the month of October has always been a giant bust for me. I can count on both hands the amount of total deer I've seen on Halloween its been that bad. November is when the monsters start creeping out. By the third week they are out in full force. I'm a firm believer that they let the little bucks perform the fake October/early November rut.
Ive loved the last week when I’ve hunted it. The biggest buck I’ve ever seen in the woods in PA was on Nov 17th. I’ve had good action that week, but I’ve also seen it very slow at the same time. That week can feel like a drag and “lonely” kind of like the game is over when it’s slow.

I’ll hunt that week if I still have a tag and the time, but for me I’ll still take time off week one or two.

·
Registered
Mathews Vertix, Easton FMJ 4mm, Rage Hypo 125
387 Posts
Going for a week to a family friends farm in IL for a week that I’ve been doing for the last 5 years or so. Not taking any official time off here in pa but will be hunting weekends hard and weekdays where I can get out. My buddy in IL has sent me some photos of some big 10 and 12’s that they have had lurking around with all the corn being planted. As far as here goes any 6 pt and up is getting the arrow, can’t pass up opportunities on public. Trying to get a piece of private for next year that I can control the herd and grow em. Ready for Saturday to be here

41 - 60 of 103 Posts