The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
21 - 40 of 104 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,626 Posts
I can hunt everyday of the season. But I’ve always seen more bucks on Halloween night, give or take a day. I’m in the woods throughout November, turkey hunting and trapping….but never see as much activity as I do around Halloween.

·
Registered
841 Posts
Man, I’m jealous of some of y’all’s vacation time. No way for me to schedule days this far out but I’ll definitely get a couple days here and there.

·
Registered
4,406 Posts
If you have any faith in the power of the moon to influence critter movement, I'd be focused on Nov 2 to Nov 6 if I had to try to choose days in advance.
The first October cold front can be magic. I've killed some toads on scrape lines before Halloween when a major cold front rolls in.

Luckily for me I don't have to pick in advance. When the time is right, work shuts down and I hunt.

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
I'll be off from 10/27 until I kill a buck or the season is over. Unless there's a major front on the 25-26, then I'll be off those days too.

Reactions: JJ4D

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
Im off 11/6 through 11/14 this year. Not what I usually take off but I had to take some time off to gun hunt Illinois. For many years I took the first 3 weeks of November off to hunt 2 states. Next year I go to 5 weeks vacation so I will be taking more time off.

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
If you have any faith in the power of the moon to influence critter movement, I'd be focused on Nov 2 to Nov 6 if I had to try to choose days in advance.
The first October cold front can be magic. I've killed some toads on scrape lines before Halloween when a major cold front rolls in.

Luckily for me I don't have to pick in advance. When the time is right, work shuts down and I hunt.
I don’t have time to hunt toads too. I may try that if if I shoot a buck early!🙄

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
I don’t have time to hunt toads too. I may try that if if I shoot a buck early!🙄
It's all about shot placement, gotta make that first shot count or they get...jumpy...

·
Registered
11,403 Posts
All I know is I am so ready to get in a tree even though the rut is still a long ways off . Sometimes on those rare occasions I find myself alone at home dancing in front of a full length mirror with my new camouflage like Buffalo Bill from The Silence of the Lambs . Except for the “tucking” part .

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
Now that my friends is a mental image that no amount of beer will allow us to unsee!! 🤣🤣

·
Registered
11,403 Posts
Now that my friends is a mental image that no amount of beer will allow us to unsee!! 🤣🤣
I think if HPA took a poll on who its weirdest and most bizarre members are I would most likely land in the top three . In my defense when I post something that puts my mental health into question it’s usually because my kids are pushing me to the brink of madness. Lol
Also I really don’t dance around like Buffalo Bill in front of a mirror but I would be lying if I said I haven’t done a few dress rehearsals in the last few months. I mean come on it is new gear after all !

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
I hate to burst your bubble, but you are not anywhere near even being in the running for that title....
would have to say buckskin Dave would qualify. He doesn’t frequent here much except to call us bowhunters a bunch of whiney gays’ but that’s what makes him cool. Steel has nothing to worry about.

·
Registered
11,335 Posts
would have to say buckskin Dave would qualify. He doesn’t frequent here much except to call us bowhunters a bunch of whiney gays’ but that’s what makes him cool. Steel has nothing to worry about.
Even if it's something that I disagreed with, I've always been appreciative of brutal honesty. I would have to say that BD is not in the running either. I could name my top three candidates, but I'm sure they feel the same way about me and I don't wanna start anything...

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Even if it's something that I disagreed with, I've always been appreciative of brutal honesty. I would have to say that BD is not in the running either. I could name my top three candidates, but I'm sure they feel the same way about me and I don't wanna start anything...
not trying to start anything either that’s why I said he’s cool. He’s definitely got that lone wolf/black sheep attitude. You don’t see that much anymore that’s why he stands out in my mind. Steel kinda got that going to tho… gonna make my way to bed now either way

21 - 40 of 104 Posts