Registered
19,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
RIP Tim, Pete and Tom, was a tough week for EAGLES alumni

·
Registered
19,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Well Malcolm is at it already in his new city.
I enjoyed watching him as a EAGLE but could not stomach his racially motivated political views. The situation we are all in right now leaves us feeling the government missed the button hole, but I can't find the racially bias that is getting way to much air time.
Blacks are having a higher rate of infection and death but what people like Malcolm and company are leaving out is blacks have a higher population with diabetes and high blood pressure, AKA underlying conditions, they usually live in tighter conditions and don't seek medical attention as quickly. While many of us were sitting in distancing ourselves from people in many inner city playgrounds it was business as usual till they physically removed the rims of the basket ball backboards.

This is a difficult time for everyone and victimization a section of a state/county, political party or ethnicity will do nothing except stir the pot.
Malcolm should save his football knowledge for the field and not be using his celebrity status to spread his well documented racial bias.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/11/us/malcom-jenkins-new-orleans-saints-trnd/index.html

·
Registered
39,294 Posts
Malcolm Jenkins, a 12-year NFL veteran, asked the black community in the United States to take care of themselves first amid the ongoing fight against coronavirus.

Isn’t that what we all should be doing? I don’t need a pro football player to tell me to take care of myself during this outbreak.

·
Registered
18,560 Posts
PHILADELPHIA -- Eagles center Jason Kelce announced his retirement Thursday --

from arm wrestling.
But football? That's still a go.
In an Instagram post that put more than a few fans on edge, Kelce said he had decided to "RETIRE...from arm wrestling," leaving behind a 2-0 record, with one victory over Flyers center Claude Giroux and the other against a bar patron one random night this offseason in the Philadelphia suburbs. Waugh!

·
Registered
18,560 Posts
Maybe trying to read the list from the bottom up or across a table. Just so much more they could have done. But leaving the NCAA receiving leader from last year slip by and taking a fast guy that can't catch is almost criminal. Waugh!

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
New York post ratings of the Eagles pick

Philadelphia Eagles

Grade: C+

Key Picks: Jalen Reagor (WR, TCU), Jalen Hurts (QB, Oklahoma), Davion Taylor (LB, Colorado)

Analysis: Not the best draft for one of the usual winners. Reagor over Justin Jefferson was surprising — even if he can be DeSean Jackson 2.0 — and Hurts as a backup/threat to Carson Wentz is either arrogant or overthought.

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
Dont forget that Jefferson had a lot of other talent around him so the D had more to worry about, and a record breaking Heisman winner throwing it to him. Reagor was in a less favorable situation in comparison at TCU.

And as for Wentz, fairly or unfairly he has that specter of "injury prone" hanging over him. You always should try to look for opportunities to improve the QB room. Is Hurts better than those behind Wentz? Time will tell.

Its third and three, on the opponents 34 yard line and you are down by three. Put a guy like Hurts in the pistol with a side car and 4 wides spread out. Roll him out and run/pass option for him with a back leading him. Not easy to defend.

Just sayin, some options there.

·
Registered
18,560 Posts
Dont forget that Jefferson had a lot of other talent around him so the D had more to worry about, and a record breaking Heisman winner throwing it to him. Reagor was in a less favorable situation in comparison at TCU.

And as for Wentz, fairly or unfairly he has that specter of "injury prone" hanging over him. You always should try to look for opportunities to improve the QB room. Is Hurts better than those behind Wentz? Time will tell.

Its third and three, on the opponents 34 yard line and you are down by three. Put a guy like Hurts in the pistol with a side car and 4 wides spread out. Roll him out and run/pass option for him with a back leading him. Not easy to defend.

Just sayin, some options there.

I heard of 3rd down backs but not too much of 3rd down QBs. I actually see Hurts as the best athlete on the board at the time and being used in another position or as trade bait down the road. However having a quality back up for Wentz at a discounted price was not a real bad choice and that may have been the thinking.

Jefferson had a lot of talent on the team for sure but he still ended up being the main target because he could get those jump balls. Great hands and field awareness. Hard to coach that into someone. Now the question is if Reagor was on that team would he have been the main target or would it have been someone else. Heisman winning QB's usually have receivers that make them look good. Heck even in the pros Receivers make QBs look good on many plays.

On a side note a 5 and 8 TCU team had 3 or 4 guys picked in the first 2 rounds. That raises questions about the coaches more than about the talent on the team. Waugh!

·
Registered
18,560 Posts
I would grade the picks for the Birds as a D. Not because of who they picked but because of who was around in the positions they needed and they look in another direction. Waugh!

·
Registered
39,294 Posts
Taking a QB with the second pick tells me......

1. Wentz’s injuries are more serious than we know.

2. They don’t trust Wentz to complete a season.

3. Wentz will be on the trade block soon.

Howie gave him the kiss of death by saying, “Wentz is our guy”. Why would he feel the need to say that?

The fact that he just got a huge contract with a huge signing bonus leaves me, like everybody else, scratching my head.

·
Registered
18,560 Posts
I missed all of this.

April
DATETRANSACTIONApril 26, 2020Signed Undrafted Free Agents; QB Khalil Tate, RB Adrian Killins, RB Michael Warren, WR Manasseh Bailey, TE Noah Togiai, G Julian Good-Jones, C Luke Juriga, DT Raequan Williams, LB Dante Olson, CB Grayland Arnold, CB Michael Jaquet, CB Elijah Riley and CB Prince Smith.April 25, 2020Acquired WR Marquise Goodwin and 2020 sixth-round pick No. 210 in exchange for 2020 sixth-round pick No. 190.May 1, 2020Waived WR's Marken Michel and River Cracraft.

Waugh!

21 - 36 of 36 Posts