1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
19,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
39,294 Posts
He was a great player and every career comes to an end. I wish him well in free agency but I think he’s done. Sayonara, Jason.

·
Registered
18,560 Posts
Peters is still in camp but testing the market. I would like to see him end up back in Philly. HOF should be his next stop. Waugh!

·
Registered
39,294 Posts
Marty Mornhinweg returning.......

In some news that may sound fake but isn’t, the Philadelphia Eagles are bringing Marty Mornhinweg back to their coaching staff. ESPN’s Tim McManus reports Mornhinweg will serve as an aide to Doug Pederson. The team officially confirmed the hire and announced his title is “senior offensive consultant.”

·
Registered
19,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
He said he would not play under his 7+ million contract all last season so this was no surprise. The ink wasn't dry on this contract and he wanted to redo it.
Age is not on his side for another 4 year deal so let him check out his worth.
Hope Howie realizes McLeod is not going to equal what they are letting walk, but Malcolm is replaceable. He was a good player and I respected his talent but didn't care for his political views which he tended to make well known unsolicited.

Next Man Up

·
Registered
39,294 Posts
Jenkins was a darn good player and a darn good team player. Father Time catches up with all of us and 32 is old in NFL terms.

Thanks for the Super Bowl and good luck in the future. I could see him have about two more decent years with the right team. Kind of like when Dawkins went to the Broncos.

·
Registered
19,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
EAGLES signed Darius Slay from the Lions. They are giving up a 3rd and 5th pick for him and signed him to a sweet 3 year 50 million dollar deal with 30 mil guaranteed.
He was the Lions 2nd round pick back in 2013, so he is younger, but not my idea of getting much younger and at his salary definitely not cheaper.

He seems like he was a solid performer with the Lions and was durable throughout his career.
Hopefully the new medical staff and strength coaches the EAGLES are bringing in will keep him this way.
He seemed to be very active with the community while in Detroit, hopefully he keeps that up in Philly.

·
Registered
18,560 Posts
Not a fan of that move. not at that price in draft picks or making him the highest paid corner. Stacked up with the highest paid nose tackle and so on and so forth It don't leave very much for future pick ups. Looking at Slay last year I don't think he was worth what Detroit paid him. Schwartz drafted him so I guess he knows what he wants. Still looking for the Birds to draft at this position. Waugh!

·
Registered
19,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
If this virus keeps things shut down long enough Andy may get to be coach of the Super Bowl winner for 2020 too.

·
Registered
39,294 Posts
You’re right, Birch. Knowing what I now know, I can’t see 60,000 people, standing shoulder to shoulder in a stadium, at the height of flu season.

·
Registered
18,560 Posts
RIP Timmy Brown.
https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/29008966/former-eagles-running-back-kick-returner-timmy-brown-dies-82

Brown is sixth on the franchise's all-time list for touchdowns (62), seventh in total yards from scrimmage (7,049), eighth in rushing yards (3,703) and seventh in rushing touchdowns (29).
He is the team's all-time leader in average yards per touch (6.52), and he still holds the franchise records for kickoff returns (169), kickoff return yards (4,483) and kickoff returns for touchdowns (5). He was the first NFL player to return two kickoffs for TDs in a game, doing so in a 24-23 win over Dallas on Nov. 6, 1966.
Brown was inducted into the Eagles' Hall of Fame in 1996. Waugh!

1 - 20 of 36 Posts