The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Well, just like last year, I get to start things off here. Our bird seasons started Saturday 9/26. This facilitates a couple cast-and-blast weekends for grouse and landlocks up north, if you're so inclined. No Sunday hunting in Maine, but you can fish.
Anyway, this is from last Saturday
20201010_084620.jpg

The gun is an English boxlock 12 ga, sold by F.P. Baker of London circa 1924. 1 ounce of #4 makes pheasants stop, even on a windy day.

·
Registered
6,698 Posts
Don came along today and did well shooting his Remington 28 Gauge. Was standing right beside him when that 7/8 oz load of #8 shot folded up that bird like a wet wash rag. Nice shooting Don!

·
Registered
4,211 Posts
We managed to get a few doves in the bag back in early Sept. First pic is from 9/12....Second and third pics are from 9/5. Pretty cool for Lucas to shoot his first dove at the cabin, and my ol boy Barrett (soon to be 11) was able to bring it back to hand for Lucas. The PGC's mentored youth seasons are awesome....Lucas will be 10 just after Barrett turns 11 - he has already harvested rabbit, squirrel, dove, and pheasant....and several close calls on spring gobblers.

Barrett still has the inner drive, but his body is starting to give out. Great hunting dogs definitely do not live long enough....

·
Registered
4,211 Posts
Barrett cannot go nearly as long as he used to, but he still has the nose and drive to find the birds. Awesome weather conditions on Friday 10/30 for this afternoon hunt with Dad.

·
Registered
6,698 Posts
Not me but thought you men would like to see this. Supposedly a roadkill! Look closely.

Reactions: OAWC
1 - 20 of 25 Posts