The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At 12:30 Saturday in the ANF I killed my first PA black bear. My dad and I were walking a creek bottom when he said BEAR!!! It was already going Mach 5 before we shot...I shot twice and he shot once and the bear was still running and running fast... I took my time and picked an opening for the last shot and that last shot piled him up like a sack of potatoes. Hit him in the neck. It sure was an awesome experience and topped any of my buck harvests to date. After a two mile drag we got to the check station and it was an adult boar that weighed 118 lbs. I’m am still just absolutely thrilled. God is good!!! I killed a 16” 7 point in archery so needless to say I am going to be spring gobbler hunting super hard this year!

Attachments

·
Registered
5,160 Posts
Congrats! I have yet to experience anything like the feeling when you lay eyes on a bear during bear season. It’s what we all live for!

·
Registered
22,136 Posts
After a two mile drag we got to the check station

WOW...talk about an adrenaline rush...you dragged that bear all the way to the check station >:)

nice bear congrats !! P.S. they taste great, turn the whole thing into burger...you wont regret it.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks guys

Bohunr, that is my plan... I’m going to make some snack sticks too. I was thinking of trying a roast too?

·
Registered
11,228 Posts
Thanks guys

Bohunr, that is my plan... I’m going to make some snack sticks too. I was thinking of trying a roast too?

Congrats on a fine bear!

Personally, I like the roasts, I do em in the crock pot with dry onion soup mix and a little red wine . Now get a turkey and complete the TT!

·
Registered
11,228 Posts
BTW, that size bear makes a great rug. Not that big that it overwhelms a wall, but guys will see it and say "What it go, 250?"

1 - 20 of 27 Posts