The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
My wife had to work the first day when she got home she said she was tired and did not feel like going out I told I was going with or without her (lol) She asked if I had a good spot for her I yep and an easy walk. She is happy she she went out. Here is a pic of the results. Now I have to find a nicer one or I will never hear the end of it! Excalibur Grizzly 37yrds 5B

Attachments

·
Registered
206 Posts
Shot a 9 point in 2C (10/22) around 6:30 pm @ 32 yards. Tenpoint Titan Extreme, ProElite bolt, NAP Killzone 100g broadhead. Didn't get a full pass thru. Excellent entrance wound, but hit rib on the opposite side & stopped & broke about 3" off the front of the bolt. Recovered within 70 yards of the shot.

Attachments

·
Registered
7,680 Posts
10/30/2019 3:30pm 3D Pike County, Ten Point Turbo GT Victory bolt tipped with Levi Morgan Edition 100 grain Swhacker, 30 yard shot and 40 yard recovery. Story and other pic in crossbow section.
He was chasing a doe...rut time Boys!

Attachments

·
Registered
206 Posts
Mature doe, 2C at 4:30. (11/2) Tenpoint Titan Extreme, ProElite bolt, NAP Killzone 100g broadhead. Quartering away at 18 yards from a tall stand, got full pass thru. Entrance behind ribs on left side with exit low and behind right shoulder. Blood trail was very spotty until recovery where there was blood everywhere. Ended up only getting one lung and she ended up 125 yards from the shot and ran a bit longer than that.

Attachments

·
Registered
12 Posts
11/4/19
9AM
Hoyt Nitrum
Black Eagle Arrows
Rage Broadhead
This 8pt came thru around 9am, I was hunting a small farm that has a little creek running thru it. He came trotting by behind me with his nose on the ground..circled to my right at 20yds and had no shot, gave a little grunt and he came right in front of me broadside at 25yds..hit em little high and dropped him in right in his tracks. Made a second shot to seal the deal.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,567 Posts
They're all memorable in their own way, this one will be remembered as The Minuteman buck. From initial sighting until buck down was at most one minute.

Cold, cloudy morning of Friday Nov. 8th. Saw doe and two young ones early, then just before 8 some more movement in the undergrowth. Could see deer bodies and them moving around, since they were maybe 60 yards away I figured have some fun, threw a couple grunts at them. Almost immediately doe and young one slink off.

I look more towards my front and here he comes right at me. About 60 yards and on that deliberate walking pace they have when bucks are going somewhere that they don't even know where. It clearly met my standards for a "shooter", he's coming in quick straight on now bears towards my right. Almost unconsciously I stand up when he passes behind the only big tree between us. He's moving broadside to might right, inside 20, good hold, good pin and it's airborne. My weakness is dropping the bow to watch the arrow and this time I am screaming inside my head "PIN THE HIT! PIN THE HIT" as my reminder to stay on target with my pin.

I heard it hit, buck takes two startled steps forward, I see the impact and no fletching or arrow colors, it's a pass through and a good one. It takes a couple more unsteady steps and stops, wobbles for a few seconds, and topples over 20 yards from the point of impact.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts