The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well im retiring my Trykon and going to get the new hoyt REDWRX carbon ulta which will probably be my last bow to finish my bowhunting career. If any you guys shoot it tell me what you like and dislike ill be getting it early summer thanks

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
I been looking into the new Hoyt’s myself and they say they are smokin’ bows. I’m thinking of getting one myself. You gonna trade in the Trykon? They were awesome bows too. Good luck

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i ll either trade it or sell it i really like my Trykon its the 75Th edtion model and is one of the quietest bows i ever shot. I shot the Defiant this past fall and it was really nice,it just sat in my hand after shot really nice bow. The only thing thats worrying me is the brace height on these new bows. I would prefer a 6 3/4 min or 7 so im not sure what i should get. I shoot 62lbs but was amazed with the Defiant on how much smoother it was and i think i could probably shoot it at 65lb with no problem.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Have had one ordered now going on 5 weeks. Hopefully should be here soon. Each year you wonder how they can improve them but Hoyt managed to go above and beyond with the RX1. Very smooth draw cycle and a solid back wall. Once I shot it there was no going back.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Shot the carbon RX1 Ultra. Been shooting the Nitrum 34 for the last few years with no complaints, nice bow and I shoot it well. No intent on buying a new bow because you always think, how much can they really improve them? This year Hoyt knocked it out of the park. Smooth draw cycle and valley with a solid back wall that doesn't feel like it wants to jump out your hand.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Whats your opinion on these short brace heights on these new bows,thats the only thing that scares me about dropping that $ on one. The guy at the shop told me its not like it use to be with new bows.and i seen that Pete Shepley guy state the same thing about that subject on PSEs

·
Super Moderator
7,757 Posts
I'm kinda afraid to check one out, to be honest. I like my 2016 Defiant a lot.....I'm curious how the REDWRX compares, but then I'd have to sell my 2009 Bowtech Captain, which honestly is a better bow than what I'd get for it would be worth to me, if that makes sense.

I'm curious about the WRX but not sure I should shoot/handle one, lol.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well i went to the outdoor show and shot the WRX turbo and the ultra and they are nice bows for sure but the new Elite which i shot also was one nice bow maybe the best bow i ever shot. What i liked about the Ritual was they changed the grip which felt really good in my hand and its a very quiet bow and it hard to explain but it felt different when you released the shot like nothing was there which i liked. I also liked the longer brace height on this bow and when you consider the price difference by the time you get all the accessories Im leaning toward getting this bow. I shot it at 65 lb which i had no trouble with but i don t by a new bow every other yr and will keep it for at least 10 to 12 yrs so im leaning toward a 60 lb pull to compensate for age so i guess i ll have to figure it out or i might just get it at 65 and wing it if i have problems later and see whats out there when that time comes,either way if your in the market for a new bow i suggest shooting this bow you may like it.

·
Registered
3,156 Posts

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
Have you shot the new Mathews Triax ? Its a great bow I was never a Mathews fan boy and never even shot a Mathews until I heard all the rave about it ! I shot several bows this year and The Triax blew them all away ! Quiet, speed,dead in the hand after the shot and holds very nice on target, very smooth draw with a solid back wall ! It doesn't cost anything to try it out !

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I was going to shoot it yesterday but spent so much time with the 2 i mentioned and had to get rolling but plan to at the shop i will be buying from.

·
Registered
20,868 Posts
I've owned several Hoyts including a trycon.I liked it but thought it weighed a ton.In 2014,I bought a spyder,which I shot well and liked.Like a fool,I sold it and bought an Elite Impulse last year.Elite makes a good bow but I didn't like the hump at the end of the draw cycle and it balanced terribly with a quiver on.Halfway through the season last year,I ran across a brand new 2014 carbon spyder leftover and picked it up for $800.I took it home,set it up and killed two with it the next few days.I've always been a fan of Hoyts.They've always been quiet,bulletproof and I like the grip.

·
Super Moderator
7,757 Posts
I shot an RX-1 and Hyperforce today at Harrisburg at the show.

Both great bows. I’d be happy with either one if I was buying one right now. Fast and quiet and both very dead in the hand. Solid backwalls on both too.

·
Super Moderator
7,757 Posts
No. The wait to shoot was pretty long and I wasn’t gonna spend a whole lot more time there. Martin and PSE were set up, although I’ve never been into either one really.

I didn’t see Mathews or I would have tried the Triax.

·
Banned
2,482 Posts
I am a hoyt guy. I have a RX-1, But I gotta tell you I wouldn't give it up for the Triax but I wouldn't mind having the Triax also! both great buys. I just tend to shoot the hoyts a little better and tuning IMHO is easier.

·
Super Moderator
7,757 Posts
As much as I enjoyed the Hyperforce (my pick of the two I shot), when I saw the close out prices locally for Pro Defiant 2017 models, I would get another Defiant in a heartbeat if I was buying a bow now.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Was at local shop today and they had the Defiants for $1250,they where 1450 this pass fall. Well i been a hoyt guy for too long to remember but i ordered the new Elite Ritual today should be in by late April. I really liked the feel of that bow and for the price i didn"t feel the Hoyt was $650.00 better plus i like the longer brace height and how quiet it shot. And with them changing the grip on the new Elites it felt alot like my Hoyt. My son was surprised when i told him but he shot it also and agreed it is a nice bow. He s getting a new one also, he shoots a Katera but i know he ll get the RX-1 Turbo i bet. One good thing is Dad doesn" t have to foot the bill now lol

·
Super Moderator
7,757 Posts
Those prices for a defiant are insane.

I just saw a 2017 Pro Defiant, new/bare for $750.

I didn’t pay the prices you’re seeing now for my 2016 Defiant when I bought it new in 2016.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts