·
Registered
19,942 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pens n'at! :music:

·
Registered
9,849 Posts
I spent the majority of the game wondering when the Pens hired Keith Butler to coach the defense. That cross-ice give away right in front of the net for Oshie's second goal in 21 seconds just about made me want to puke. Still, the offense looked very good and they easily could have netted 10 goals had a couple more things gone their way. Guess I can't lose sight of the fact that they were playing the defending cup champs who are no slouches whether I like them or not. Always great to hand the Caps, and Ovie, a loss no matter how it happens. Plus side is they won and still have much to work on. Can't wait to play the Habs. Go Pens!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
19,942 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
This is like his third concussion.

·
4,249 Posts
I hate the early part of the schedule, games get spaced so far apart. You get all worked up because it is starting and then you have to wait a week for the next game!

7-6 is nice but ugly. 5-1 is really ugly. .831 save % is uglier yet. Only 2 games in though, no time to panic.

I look forward to seeing Riikola playing.

Reactions: JasonN

·
Registered
16,468 Posts
Matt: "Hey Beau, move over and make some room for me on that porcelain shelf."
Beau: "C'mon Matt, where you been ? They traded me years ago. It's all yours now".

·
Registered
2,948 Posts
I'm liking what I am seeing from the Pens so far this year.

Reactions: MQ-1

·
4,249 Posts
Once in a while I see something so impressive in the sports world that I tap my wife on the shoulder, who is only half watching but still a big fan, and say "You have to see that goal (hit, pass, catch, etc.)". That goal last night was one of them. The replay came on right as Sid got the puck and I said "Watch this, all Sid from here."

I understand that McDavid is the next big thing and rightly so but I love that Sid went to his house and sai "Not Yet!".

Murray gave up 5 but holy cow he stopped 41 and did a great job.

·
Registered
9,849 Posts
Pens are laying the lumber to Calgary so far. 6-0 halfway through the second period. If they can find some defensive consistency throughout the season, they are going to be scary good!!!

·
Registered
9,849 Posts
8-0 beatdown over Calgary right now. 3-0 on the roadtrip with two shut outs so far. With a win over Vancouver on Saturday, this would be a heck of a trip!!! Go Pens!!!

·
Registered
2,665 Posts
On the road, they got the touchdown, a field goal but I was hoping they would score the extra point..

Yes, they are getting it back together. Nice to see #30 playing better.

And--- Cullen becomes the oldest player to score a goal in the NHL.. Way to go Matt.

·
4,249 Posts
Still gave up 39 shots last night, that needs to stop. Good news is Murray handled all but one of them.

I love seeing games like that. The Pens are a 4.4 goals per game clip, I like to see this offense going.

Reactions: MQ-1
1 - 20 of 322 Posts