The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Reading some reports of antlers hitting the ground. Feel free to post up some pics!
Good luck!

·
Registered
883 Posts
Looked out the window tonight and had two 4 points eating at the corn. Still holding. I'll wait til the the beginning of march and then start hitting it pretty hard.

·
Registered
995 Posts
I just saw a set of sheds that were still attached to a much alive buck. That was down near philly 76 eastbound about a mile outside of the city.

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Still holding for the most part in my area, Next week will begin the serious looking. Dont want to blow bucks out of there area still holding there horns and have them drop them on the neighbors!

·
Registered
3,154 Posts
I have been out almost everyday from 9 - 12 weekdays and until 4 on the weekends with my labs and I haven't one shed yet ! I have checked food plots and bedding areas and the trails connecting them but have found nothing ! I pulled my trail cam cards and have several holding and some that have dropped ! Where are you guys finding them at, Trails, oak flats, thick pines ? This is a fairly new area for me as I just started hunting it last year ! Also the deer don't seem to be bedding in the same areas all the time ! I did hear a lot of shooting this rifle season in the area though !

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
I was out Sunday, walked about 3 miles with another hunter and we didn't find anything. I went out to a different spot yesterday, one that was productive the past few years. And it was again yesterday as I found my first complete set and the shed of a young drop tine buck.

What's also cool is that I'm fairly certain I found the right side of the set last year. Surely seems like it's the same buck. I found the set within 30 yards of where I found the right side last year.

They share minute details like slight curves and waves in the antler and the little kicker seen here at the same place on the brow tine.

I saw this buck afoot in January about 80 yds from my stand and not far from where I've found his sheds. He will be fun to watch in the summer and chase in the fall.

1 - 20 of 78 Posts