The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
  • Hey Guest, it looks like you haven't made your first post yet. Until you make an introduction thread, the rest of the site is locked to posting. Why not take a few minutes to say hi!
1 - 20 of 78 Posts

Registered
I have been out almost everyday from 9 - 12 weekdays and until 4 on the weekends with my labs and I haven't one shed yet ! I have checked food plots and bedding areas and the trails connecting them but have found nothing ! I pulled my trail cam cards and have several holding and some that have dropped ! Where are you guys finding them at, Trails, oak flats, thick pines ? This is a fairly new area for me as I just started hunting it last year ! Also the deer don't seem to be bedding in the same areas all the time ! I did hear a lot of shooting this rifle season in the area though !

Registered
I was out Sunday, walked about 3 miles with another hunter and we didn't find anything. I went out to a different spot yesterday, one that was productive the past few years. And it was again yesterday as I found my first complete set and the shed of a young drop tine buck.

What's also cool is that I'm fairly certain I found the right side of the set last year. Surely seems like it's the same buck. I found the set within 30 yards of where I found the right side last year.

They share minute details like slight curves and waves in the antler and the little kicker seen here at the same place on the brow tine.

I saw this buck afoot in January about 80 yds from my stand and not far from where I've found his sheds. He will be fun to watch in the summer and chase in the fall.

1 - 20 of 78 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.