The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently sold my Scorpa trials motorcycle and KTM 250 enduro and I am planning to get an ATV. I will use it in Ohio on my friends farm to haul deer back to the truck (two back surgeries and a second bicep surgery this past June) but also at the local ATV/motorcycle riding club I belong to for easy trail riding.

I see some good prices on the 2016 450's and was wondering if anyone here has any experience with them? I tried searching on here, but my search-fu is weak.

·
Registered
9,647 Posts
I had a 500 HO that was bullit proof.I just got a email from Polaris that it is on special for 5 large.That is a heck of a deal and I am thinkin myself.

·
Registered
3,862 Posts
My friend had a 2002? polaris 500 and that thing has been a workhorse. Just gave it to his grandson and bot a new Polaris UTV.

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
mt yeager said:
Need power steering. Makes life easier.
Somebody else told me that today too. I have had a few ATV's over the years but always race quads back in the day and EPS wasn't even around back then. I can get a new 450 for $4700 otd but EPS bumps the price up about $1300 more I think it was.

·
Registered
7,680 Posts
I have a 2016 570 Polaris Sportsman with EPS and it's the cats butt!!

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks folks. I am now really leaning towards one with power steering especially with my back and bicep issues.

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I ended up buying the non-eps version. Stopped down at Miller Motorsports in Lemont Furnace and they had the 2016 450 HO for $3944 + taxes, title, blah blah blah. I ended up bringing one home.

·
Registered
970 Posts
That's cool. I almost bought a 570 this weekend but couldn't get to the shop in time on Saturday before they closed. I thought they would have Monday hours but no go.

·
Registered
3,509 Posts
Bought the same quad with power steering 3 days ago for the wife. Polaris is really running some great deals on these units. She says the power steering is amazing. She does not get tired of riding it, she really likes the anti kick back feature on the power steering. As long as she is happy I'm happy with the purchase.

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Awesome, congrats. Yeah I debated long and hard on power steering or not. It is really pretty easy to ride without it even with my bad biceps so I decided to save the money to put towards a winch/plow instead. I my regret it later if I get into some tight off-road riding. But for now I am happy lol.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
I have a 2015 570 with eps. If someone tells you power steering isn't worth the money and you don't need it theyre.
A) FULL OF ****!
B) Never had it!

·
Registered
669 Posts
for the lil bit of price difference, why not go with the 570? One thing I'm not digging is where the battery is mounted now....low on the on the frame.

·
Registered
157 Posts
I think the battery should have been placed in a higher location , less chance of getting wet. Just my thought.

·
Registered
669 Posts
Anyone have thoughts or experience with the battery being mounted so low? Almost pulled the trigger but I'm hesitant due to the battery location....

1 - 20 of 24 Posts