The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
12,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here we go, Cael and the boys poised to bring home 5th in 6 and 6th overall!

story

Just won't the B1G championship in a runaway where they would have won even if they didn't count bonus points!

·
Registered
12,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Looking good after the first session with 8 of 9 wrestlers still in championship bracket.

·
Registered
2,980 Posts
Washpa Randy said:
5 guys going for individual championship tomorrow. Undefeated in the semi's.
amazing showing. Was looking over the bios of the guys coming in next year and look out. Doesn't look to me like any other team is going to touch them anytime soon.

·
Registered
3,623 Posts
Team National Championship already wrapped up. 5 out of the last 6 years and as Hammer stated, they are just going to get stronger. Now let's see how many individual golds they can bring home to University Park.

·
Registered
17,319 Posts
How does Megaludis only get 1 stall warning in the 125 lb match when he backed up from Gilman for nearly 2 periods, but yet Garrett who was the aggressor in the 133 lb match got 3?

·
Registered
2,980 Posts
I agree the stall calls had no consistency. Disappointed Nickal got upset. He was the better wrestler just looked very nervous first half of match and it cost him big. Very entertaining heavyweight match. Feel bad for the NC State guy losing his final match after such an outstanding career.

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
i picked martin to win. kid is a beast. in fact i had them all picked but i thought avery from edinboro would do a lot better.

·
6,448 Posts
musky you actually picked martin? was that from the beginning of the tourney or just after the finals were set?....its tough to beat any wrestler that many times in a row but id say his family and you were the only ones picking him....JMHO

·
Registered
12,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
There is something very special in Zain Retherford. Very classy kid who is the most dominant wrestler I can remember at all 3 positions. In case you wanted to see the dominance check these stats out below. 86% bonus points! For the most part these aren't schmucks he's destroying. And to go TF, Fall, Fall, MD in the NCAAs is very elite.

http://www.wrestlestats.com/wrestler/profile/11781/retherford-zain

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
After winning the team and the first two national championships they weren't letting them win anymore...Ill wrestler shows zero attempt at trying to win and received one warning, sad.... bo was trying to win and just got caught and I questioned those 4 back points since he was never held still and trying to escape....don't like that rule...but they have a great future and I'll predict 3 champs next year already without knowing who's coming in...Bo-Zein-Nolf are the real deal..now if they only had a heavyweight

·
Registered
12,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The guys they have coming in are scary good ( look up mark hall and joe Suriano and a few others). and Nevills will hopefully see a full season at heavyweight. He's no Snyder, but he has a shot at AA. Penn State is going to keep rolling for a while.

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
MonsterBuck7 said:
muskyman62 said:
i picked martin to win.
Ya, how do you pick an 11 seed in this tournament to win it all?
very easily if you pay attention like i do. i knew he had a shot if they ended up pulling his redshirt like they did. i was in a bracket challenge we do every year. the kid can be sloppy as he is young and he takes some occasional bonehead risks but he is a stud. i knew when he was in high school he would be a national champ.

·
6,448 Posts
muskyman62 said:
MonsterBuck7 said:
muskyman62 said:
i picked martin to win.
very easily if you pay attention like i do. i knew he had a shot if they ended up pulling his redshirt like they did. i was in a bracket challenge we do every year. the kid can be sloppy as he is young and he takes some occasional bonehead risks but he is a stud. i knew when he was in high school he would be a national champ.
everyone has a chance if u get in but if u were in a bracket challenge for money and u picked him u were taking a huge risk......i know u know the sport but to pick him was a longshot and u know it was

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
Treestand said:
muskyman62 said:
MonsterBuck7 said:
muskyman62 said:
i picked martin to win.
everyone has a chance if u get in but if u were in a bracket challenge for money and u picked him u were taking a huge risk......i know u know the sport but to pick him was a longshot and u know it was
i felt he had a better than good shot. had i not picked him i would have lost by 1 match. i also consider this to be his first of multiple. lol. calculated risk!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts