The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
3,477 Posts
Good job! All blacks I see. I went out Sunday morning in Washington County hoping to find some early ones. No luck maybe this upcoming weekend will produce.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
always black like that....this was my best find all year so far this year...i found some on april 2nd, my earliest find...

The 3rd...

The 15th and 19th already this year...

·
Registered
274 Posts
found these and a few other things yesterday. the morels came from the WVA Pa line near Morgantown. That's all I
can say as where. LOL

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Nice finds freebird
....looks like a meal to me....whats in the bowl at the bottom? Chicken mushrooms?

·
Registered
3,477 Posts
Bottom bowl looks like Dryads Saddle.

·
Registered
274 Posts
yes Saddle. there's fiddle heads, wild violets and mustard greens in bowl to left. right is poke. We got a good rain
goin here today. lots of thunder south of me so as long as
it don't get real hot and stay we should start getting them good. I hope anyways

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
I've checked two different old apple orchards this week and nothing yet. Got a good rain today. Does anyone have luck is apple orchards that were just left go? I've looked under a bunch of trees

·
Registered
3,477 Posts
charman03 said:
I've checked two different old apple orchards this week and nothing yet. Got a good rain today. Does anyone have luck is apple orchards that were just left go? I've looked under a bunch of trees
Look by the dead ones. I've had my best luck by dead Elm trees.

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
I found 3 yellows under a dead wild pear tree on Monday, Three years ago i found 2 under the same tree, and one was exceptionally big, last year I only found one under the tree, Its weird to me that this tree only produces one "flush" every spring, I check around it 3 times a week for around 3 weeks, along with roughly 30 other pear trees and probably 10 wild apple trees on about 20 acres and only that one pear tree produces a few a year.

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Finally hit a good find today, bunch of blacks from a usual black producer and found about 10 yellows at a new property first time ever walking it. Looks like the yellows are just starting up. Hope to find more at the new spot.

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Just gotta cover a ton of the typical morel habitat. Once you find a spot it typically produces each year.

How many different patches do most of you guys have? I currently have two steady producers, hope to find atleast 1 or 2 more this spring

1 - 20 of 52 Posts