The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
here is my late season gobbler that was taken on may 29th at 10:30 am. 21 lbs , 11 in. beard ,and 1 in. spurs. i hunted for three weeks to get him and every time gave me the slip.when i shot him that was only second time i saw him. he roosted in the same area each night. he had another gobbler with him and i was dealing with a smart bird. so i got in the woods little early around 4:30 and sat there and made no sound. it was now almost 6 am no sound from him. then i let out a hen yelp and he gobbled one time and that was it. i heard him fly off the roost with the other gobbler. i thought to myself he we go again. nothing for 4 hours and was going to move but i know it would be a mistake. so i let another yelp and both gobbled and i would say they were about 50 or 60 yards away. both of them sat back there gobbled their heads off for at least 20 minutes or so. i threw everything at him but not intersted coming in. i couldn't see them they were still at the edge of the woods. i had a little opening where i was sitting and hoping they would come through that little opening. i guess they had enough and they came a running and heading for the next field below me. i saw the first one and i put my mossberg up and the second came through. i let him have it and he stopped dead in his tracks, like he got hit by a train. i stepped it off and was about 40 yds. boy do i like when a plan comes together. i love turkey hunting.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts