The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Super Moderator
12,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you'd like to share deer success pics from this season feel free to post them to this thread!

We will keep this pinned to the top and easy access for the season!

Please keep it to pics and hunt details so we don't clutter this thread..

·
Registered
16 Posts
Oct 8th, 7:20 AM in 5C.

Not a trophy for most, but it's my first year hunting and he's my first deer. I can get more picky with time.

Centerpoint Sniper 370, Victory Decimator bolts, Rage Extreme Chisel tips. Shot broadside at ~35ish yards, <span style="font-style: italic">several hundred</span> yard recovery. He pretty much sealed up and the blood trail was difficult to follow. Bow is cocked in the picture because we found him after 2-1/2 hours still alive and I was preparing to shoot him again, ended up not having to.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Birthday Buck! Went out this morning on my 33rd birthday, happy to just be enjoying my time in the woods. I never dreamed that a 10 pointer would come into range. I'd had my eye on a beautifully symmetrical 6 pointer earlier in the season but no deer, buck or doe, came in close enough and at the right angle or location. This morning was a different story. While I lament the fact that I won't be able to hunt the islands during late season flintlock I am elated to be filling the freezer.

Mission XB320
Mission Luminock Bolt
Rage Hypodermic Broadhead
28 yard heart shot
100 yard recovery

Attachments

·
Registered
3,669 Posts
Blackpowder Buck

The rut is in full swing here in Virginia. I killed a plump doe at 715 and stayed on stand. This guy came cruising by around 9am. I believe him to be 3.5 with not the best genetics. But his bases tell a different story. He weighed 135 lbs field dressed which is a big deer for Virginia, especially for a mountain buck. Shot him with a Traditions Pursuit shooting 100 grains of triple seven, Barnes bullets, with a 209 primer.

Attachments

·
Registered
70 Posts
Doe shot in Newaygo County, Michigan
November 15, 2016, around 4:45pm opening day of firearm season
Private land
Tikka T3 .30-06
25 yard shot, 0 yard recovery. The deer dropped in its tracks
Weather was clear, no wind and temp upper 50s

Attachments

·
Registered
24 Posts
Buck I shot in 2G. First day of rifle 2016...

http://s61.photobucket.com/user/dsypeck/media/20161129_075055_zpskldqemj6.jpg.html?sort=3&o=0

·
Registered
119 Posts
Killed this buck 11/28 at 1:15 pm in 4B. I took my son out, but around 1 he decided to walk back to the house to warm up. This guy came walking out 10 minutes later. Used my son's youth .243. Only a 35 yd shot. Tough lesson for a 10 yr old to learn! We also got a trail cam picture of him on 11/23.

[1URL=http://s1087.photobucket.com/user/PerryPA24/media/IMG_20161128_191009_zpsdema3un5.jpg.html]
[/URL]

·
Registered
19 Posts
First "nice" buck I've ever killed. Been hunting since I was 12, now 30. Was fortunate enough to harvest him at 7:13 am on opening morning in forest County perfect 8 point. Never have I been a horn hunter but I will say I was elated. To top things off my best friend harvested his 8 less than 300 yds from me at 8:45 am. My 8 is on the right.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 27 Posts