The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,833 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just went to my local, small-town hardware store and purchased my Hunting and Furtaker license along with various permits.

My total was $120.20 and, in my opinion, it was worth every penny.

·
Registered
3,833 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Catching up with the owner and hearing about his latest hunting adventures, and then solving the problems of the world with a couple of his employees as we stood around the till jawing, was just icing on the cake.

·
Registered
5,512 Posts
Yes it is. I spend that at half decent restaurants with my wife on Saturday nights. Pa Hunting licenses are the best deal in town!!

·
Registered
6,843 Posts
The lifetime combo is a good deal too. Money paid forward. Wiped completely out the first year by 2.5 pheasants. Buy an additional antlerless tag, bobcat, fisher, bear? Wiped out by adding one more pheasant.

A lot of good deals.

·
Registered
620 Posts
I just purchased licenses for me and my two kids. $333. I get my moneys worth for sure. I just need to cut the cord on the kids. I guess I'll keep paying for theirs util they graduate from collage and grad school. Maybe they will buy mine after that. What do you think?

·
Registered
5,512 Posts
Meat, I just had the conversation with my 19 and 17 year old. I'll pay till both are out of college,

·
Registered
697 Posts
Mine was around $140 which included my 7 year old daughter's first mentored youth tag and the elk draw fee. Definitely a great deal if you think about all the opportunities this affords you.

·
Banned
1,804 Posts
With all my tags, including 2 doe tags, it will be near a $100. Figure I will be in the woods, hunting, around 50 days. $2 a day!!! Where can you beat that kinda deal...

·
Registered
542 Posts
Thanks, guys. I feel the same way, but I was always afraid to say it. I think hunting and fishing licenses are a great deal. I would gladly pay more to help the Fish and Game Commission that receive very little government money. I think we better wake up in this country because our treasures don't exist through some mysterious force. We must maintain them ourselves.

·
Registered
5,241 Posts
Mine was $63.10. I got archery, muzzy, and a DMAP for at camp. With my schedule, I probably get @60 hours in the woods.

Best dollar an hour I ever spent to rent a small piece of woods!

And with the added benefit of free meat!

·
Registered
20,232 Posts
total for my wife and I came to $108.40

she only got an archery tag, i got archery muzzleloader and furtaker.

both of us will get anterless too.

still a great deal...So far.

·
Registered
959 Posts
Meatetarian said:
I just purchased licenses for me and my two kids. $333. I get my moneys worth for sure. I just need to cut the cord on the kids. I guess I'll keep paying for theirs util they graduate from collage and grad school. Maybe they will buy mine after that. What do you think?

Hopefully - you get a great return on your investment/karma payback - when they will repay Dad with gifted Big Plot of Land for you to hang out at ...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts