The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 322 Posts

·
Registered
39,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, it looks like the Phightin' Phils may be the worst team in MLB. The Las Vegas oddsmakers have the over/under for wins at 67. I'm pickin the under on this one. Anybody else care to make a pick?

·
Registered
19,611 Posts
Being optimistic I say the Phillies will be hard pressed to get 60 wins.
I would be more interested in seeing what the Vegas line is on how many games into the season its going to take to dump Amaro.

·
Registered
39,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think Amaro has pictures of the people in charge. How else can anybody explain why he is still here?

I gonna say 62 wins. I don't have a formula, just throwing a number out there.

That being said, I'll still watch on TV but if anybody offers me a free ticket, it'll have to be in a private suite, between 1st and 3rd, with a parking pass for me to accept.

·
Registered
39,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
One loss down, 99 to go. If this is what we can expect from these guys it's gonna be a loooong season. I don't know which annoys me more, the fact that the Sox scored 8 runs on 5 homers including a grand salami or the fact the Phils scored no runs on 3 hits. On the bright side they didn't make any errors.

·
Registered
5,047 Posts
I am an optimist... half the teams that opened today have the same record!

·
Registered
19,611 Posts
Bad sign already when your best pitcher hurls over 50 pitches by the end of the 3rd inning and your down 2-0. Come on NFL draft

·
Registered
16,456 Posts
Come on NFL draft
Philly NFL Draft Board 2015

1. QB from Oregon
2. OL from Oregon
3. WR from Oregon
4. CB from Oregon
5. LB from Oregon
6. Another OL from Oregon
7. Mascot.... yep, a Duck... from Oregon

·
Registered
39,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I know it's a little early but if anyone is interested, Ryan Howard's batting average is .083.

Ben Revere-------.083

Chase Utely------.091

·
Registered
39,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Wow! I don't know what's going on here but the Phillies beat the Nats again and are now 3-2.

Ben Revere threw out a guy at the plate from left field!!! How did that happen?

Is it too early to talk World Series?

·
Registered
39,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Phils went 10 innings again with the Nats today. Gotta give them credit, they played good enough to win but came up short and lost 4-3.

Ryan Howard struck out 4x's with runners in scoring position. 4x's!!!
If he gets one hit the Phils have a good shot to win the game.

I know why he's in the lineup ($$$$$) but I don't know why he bats 4th. His days as a cleanup hitter are long gone and every other MLB team knows it except the Phillies. If he must start he should be batting 7th.

·
Registered
19,611 Posts
To bad all that windy weather Philly had lately was't the wind of change.

·
Registered
39,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Phils lost to the Mets today 2-0. Errors did them in. That and not scoring any runs. They got a good pitching effort from Adam Harangue. Good enough to win.

Ryan Howard watch..... He was 1 for 4 today courtesy of the first base bag. (A grounder hit the bag) Otherwise he would have been 0/4 again.

·
Registered
5,047 Posts
Yep, and it will take Ryan about 3-4 months to decide to work on/modify his swing. If he does.

By then his power will be for naught.

·
Registered
39,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Howard will collect 25 million dollars this year. 25 million next year and at least 10 million the following year. 60 million!!! Unbelievable.

Rueben Amaro must be the laughing stock of the MLB GM fraternity.

·
Registered
39,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Phils fall to the Mets, 6-5. Utley hit 2 homers and had 3 RBI's. Asche and Francoeur hit solo shots.

Ryan Howard watch......Another 0-4 game with 2 strikeouts. He did get on base from a catchers interference call. A gift from the home plate ump. Replay showed the catcher never interfered with him. How long can the Phillies put up with a cleanup batter that can't hit?

·
Registered
5,210 Posts
Howard will be gone by the time the Phils play the Orioles at Camden Yards in the middle of June.

·
Registered
5,047 Posts
25ftup said:
Howard will be gone by the time the Phils play the Orioles at Camden Yards in the middle of June.
How? Nobody will pick up his contract with the way he is batting.

·
Registered
39,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
He can't hit, he can't field and he's owed 60 million dollars. Nobody wants him. Nobody. The Phillies would be better off cutting their losses, give him the 60 mil and send him home. I can't recall a MLB player, who is/was a starter, who bats 4th, who is as bad as he is.

Btw, he's not in the lineup tonight. Francouer is batting in the 4 hole.

1 - 20 of 322 Posts