The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
2,807 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New fords have caught my attention. Looking for real world MPG numbers and engine . Thanks.

·
Registered
8,132 Posts
I have a 2014 Raptor, 6.2 litre engine.
I have not reset the factory mpg read out all year, it is at 13.7 mpg.
This is virtually all 2 lane roads.

Not impressive, but you don't buy a Raptor for fuel efficiency..........

·
Registered
11,357 Posts
I have a 2015 crew cab lariat, 3.5l Eco boost. I have never wanted for power, this thing cranks it out and still has pedal. I get 16.3mpg around town and on my trip to OBX fully loaded down with four passengers, I got 23.9mpg. I have 8000 miles on it and I don't shy from the gas pedal. I'm sure someone with better driving habits would get even better.

·
Registered
3,800 Posts
4c_game_chaser said:
I have a 2015 crew cab lariat, 3.5l Eco boost. I have never wanted for power, this thing cranks it out and still has pedal. I get 16.3mpg around town and on my trip to OBX fully loaded down with four passengers, I got 23.9mpg. I have 8000 miles on it and I don't shy from the gas pedal. I'm sure someone with better driving habits would get even better.
Is that a 4x4?

·
Registered
8,132 Posts
good ole boy said:
My 98 Chevy 454 got you all beat on power and economy.
I know Buzz,your jealous and it,s killin ya.

......Love that 454.............

Edit to note: 454....means 4mpg at 54mph............

·
Registered
785 Posts
you can gain 2 mpg by installing a k&n slip in air filter and 4 mpg with a k&n high flow filter system. I'm getting 26 mpg at 55mph with my 04 f150 4wd lariat with the 5.4. It has the high flow system. there was also a noticeable gain in power. also it sounds better.

·
Registered
785 Posts
I made no other modifications. It works. I started with the slip in filter then a year later installed the high flow system. Those are the results I got in my truck.

·
Registered
20,661 Posts
Anyone who believes the digital readout of MPG that some trucks now have is deceiving themselves.

·
Registered
4,537 Posts
I have checked my computer against doing it the old fashioned way and the difference is very small. I just make sure I reset it so I get a good baseline to go from.

·
Registered
11,357 Posts
RobOz said:
I have checked my computer against doing it the old fashioned way and the difference is very small. I just make sure I reset it so I get a good baseline to go from.
Yep, when it is off(which isn't often) it is by .1 or less.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Mine is an eco boost 2.7 4wd .... I am getting 18.4 but only have 300 miles on it and has been mostly city driving...

·
Registered
2,629 Posts
One thing to consider with the new aluminum body parts fords. Three guys that work with my brother bought them and afterwards found out that replacement body parts are 47% more expensive than steel parts! Moral of the story is don't get in any fender benders!

1 - 20 of 83 Posts