The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Reflecting back on the 2015/2016 season that just ended, here's a few of my favorites.
4D- Fall turkeys/foliage- If I knew at this point I was going to get a bear, I would have spent a lot more time chasing this flock to have taken the pressure off this spring for the triple trophy, but I liked the way it turned out.

4D- Coyotes- Looking extra wild, still looking for my first. Thought this would be the year as this pair was very active during the day but no one got a glimpse of one.

Quehanna wild area- Interesting series of pictures (not shown), with the "end of the chase" occurring just to the left of center

Quehanna Wild Area- Bull- Let's just say I spent a bit of time looking around this camera for bone in April/May, but just found a big 5x5 whitetail shed (this year and last year within 50 yards)

And of course, my favorites couldn't be complete without seeing a few that survived rifle season. I didn't get pics of either of these after muzzleloader closed, but between the camera, shed hunting and visual sightings spread across private and public ground this winter, it will be difficult choosing where to hunt in 2017.
Public land

4D

·
Premium Member
24,121 Posts
Nice pics!!

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes, it was an incredible season, I had posted the pics individually on different forums, but I got a 9 point on opening day of archery on public land in 5B, a bear in the first hour of bear season in the Quehanna,and a long-beard on the last weekend of spring turkey in 4D on private ground. I would have completed it all on public land if not for a dry-fire on 4B SGL mid-way through turkey season. With archery being done so early I got lots of time pheasant hunting with son, checking trail cameras and apparently family time (expecting 3rd child in July). Couldn't have asked for a better year.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts