The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

41 - 60 of 9086 Posts

·
4,230 Posts
I was a bit surprise the Pouliot didn't make the club. I thought he played pretty decent last year for his age and figured he was sure to make this squad. He still has time to grow and improve though.

·
Registered
7,160 Posts
TraskOutdoors said:
Look on the bright side, more minutes for the "tower of power" Rob Scuderi!!!
What would you have done? Cut him, and eaten the cap hit?

I wonder how long Sprong will last? Or, does he just get a cup of coffee? I believe Duper had some type of medical issue at practice today.

·
Registered
14,314 Posts
Pascal Dupuis was ruled out of Thursday's season opener at Dallas because of an undisclosed injury.

Dupuis did not skate Monday after suffering what coach Mike Johnston called a “slight” injury at the end of Sunday's practice.

The team is expected to announce a timetable for Dupuis' return Tuesday. The injury is not related to the blood clots that left Dupuis sidelined for all but 16 games last season.

Read more: http://triblive.com/sports/penguins/9204187-74/dupuis-injury-loney#ixzz3nmzbXrKX
Follow us: @triblive on Twitter | triblive on Facebook

·
4,230 Posts
If Duper can stay healthy I think he will be a big part of the 3-4 lines. I am impressed he is coming back after his second major injury/illness. Hopefully this is nothing serious and he can actually play out the rest of his career.

·
Banned
16,019 Posts
eddie spaghetti said:
TraskOutdoors said:
Look on the bright side, more minutes for the "tower of power" Rob Scuderi!!!
What would you have done? Cut him, and eaten the cap hit?

I wonder how long Sprong will last? Or, does he just get a cup of coffee? I believe Duper had some type of medical issue at practice today.
Like it or not, he is a liability when he is on the ice, especially against fast teams. At best he would be the number 7 d man. That being said, the rest of the d stinks almost as bad as him, save for Ollie and Letang...

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
NEW: Pascal Dupuis to Miss 4-5 Weeks With Undisclosed Lower Body Injury

·
20,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
I'm cracking up about Duper being hurt already. This certainly is a fragile group.

I'm super concerned about the defense. So much so that I haven't ordered the NHL Center Ice package until I get a good look at this team. I'm not getting the warm and fuzzy though. So far the bottom 2 lines look fairly miserable and the defense looks bad. The top 2 lines are going to have to do it all it appears. I'll obviously hold judgement though. Gotta lettem play a few games at least. I'm just concerned at this point.

·
Banned
16,019 Posts
Danesdad said:
Wash, rinse, repeat?
So far, so good...

Penguin injured long term? CHECK

Team using smoke and mirrors and claiming that injury is "minor" and that the player will be back in no time, only to turn around and then tell us that said player will be out over a month? CHECK

Top 2 lines expected to do carry a team seriously lacking depth? CHECK

Shaky d corps that will rely on Rob "tower of power" Scuderi, and Ben "kitten fur" Lovejoy to log decent minutes every night? CHECK

Chris "I'm getting paid way too much because I played on a line with Sidney Crosby for years and it inflated my stats" Kunitz on the top line again? CHECK

Wash, rinse, repeat...

Cue, "season hasn't even started yet and you are writing them off, maybe if Julio Jones was on Sid's wing, go worship your Kopitar poster and tell us how great the Kings are, the Hawks still have room on their bandwagon, maybe if Belichick was coach...."

·
20,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
I sorta agree with Task without all the fire and brimstone. I at least agree that there is some cause for concern before they even drop the puck. The team does not look "NHL" from top to bottom. I dont envy their starting point this season really. The fan base is frustrated and has a poor attitude before they even drop the puck. You can see it all around. Things were looking great on paper in July but then the preseason came and the realization that there really wasn't a lot of over change started to show up. Poulet didn't work out and the youth movement on D has been rough to say the least although that needs time to evolve and the bottom 6 are SUPER questionable. In the end we need to allow it some time. Look at last year.....The first month of the season was tremendous when Duper was in the lineup. They looked great and everyone else like change had occured. They the bottom fell out and they were average the final 3-4 months. Until the mid point of the seaon you really have no idea what you have in a team. Teams will start out fast or slow but that mid point is when you know.

·
Registered
19,940 Posts
Hockey starts tonight!!!!

<span style="font-weight: bold"> <span style="font-size: 23pt">HAPPY DANCE!!!!! </span> </span>

·
Registered
1,359 Posts

·
20,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
I'm ready. Let's get it started see where this goes. Best part about opening night......everyones got a shot!!

·
Registered
20,503 Posts
Trout 2003 said:
I sorta agree with Task without all the fire and brimstone. I at least agree that there is some cause for concern before they even drop the puck. The team does not look "NHL" from top to bottom. I dont envy their starting point this season really. The fan base is frustrated and has a poor attitude before they even drop the puck. You can see it all around. Things were looking great on paper in July but then the preseason came and the realization that there really wasn't a lot of over change started to show up. Poulet didn't work out and the youth movement on D has been rough to say the least although that needs time to evolve and the bottom 6 are SUPER questionable. In the end we need to allow it some time. Look at last year.....The first month of the season was tremendous when Duper was in the lineup. They looked great and everyone else like change had occured. They the bottom fell out and they were average the final 3-4 months. Until the mid point of the seaon you really have no idea what you have in a team. Teams will start out fast or slow but that mid point is when you know.
Don't lump me in with you and Trask.

41 - 60 of 9086 Posts