The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 9086 Posts

·
20,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well let's get'er going. Roster's pretty much set and training camp is set to open. Hopefully we'll finally see that meaningful change we've been hoping for.

·
Registered
7,160 Posts
Trout 2003 said:
Well let's get'er going. Roster's pretty much set and training camp is set to open. Hopefully we'll finally see that meaningful change we've been hoping for.
We might see it, but you know who won't.....

·
Registered
20,482 Posts
Oddly, it hasn't been as bad an offseason as usual, what with the Pirates becoming a real team.

That said, I cant wait for hockey.

·
Registered
19,940 Posts
I read today Kessel dropped 20 pounds and worked out with Gary Roberts this summer. The article also speculated since he's already playing with 2 superstars, he can relax and not worry about having to be "the man" like he was in Toronto

·
Registered
7,160 Posts
Buckethead said:
I read today Kessel dropped 20 pounds and worked out with Gary Roberts this summer. The article also speculated since he's already playing with 2 superstars, he can relax and not worry about having to be "the man" like he was in Toronto
50 Goals this year?

·
Registered
14,314 Posts
As long as he doesn't relax into oblivion I'm fine with it. That kind of change of pace is often career changing....one way or the other (see Jordan Staal).

Anybody see ROOT talking to Fehr at the Bucs game last night?

·
4,229 Posts
I was just thinking this morning "Man, it is about time for the Pens thread to start" and here it is.

I thought they made some good off season moves. Kessel was a slam dunk IMO what I think could be a really interesting will be Plotnikov. I am curious ot see how his game transitions to the NHL and if he can be a big time goal producer too.

·
Registered
14,314 Posts
I'm ready for this season to get going. I think there's some good coming with the additions and I feel like the whole team is more balanced offensively....line to line. I'm not thrilled about the defense, but that could change. We'll see.

·
Registered
14,314 Posts
Oh, I'm also very excited to see Dupuis back! I've said it for as long as I can remember and I'll say it again and again and again....that ONE man is a very KEY player on this team. He is the true captain of this team that leads by example and plays every second of every shift 100%.

·
20,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
JasonN said:
Oh, I'm also very excited to see Dupuis back! I've said it for as long as I can remember and I'll say it again and again and again....that ONE man is a very KEY player on this team. He is the true captain of this team that leads by example and plays every second of every shift 100%.
Been saying that too forever Jason. The seasons have collapsed with his injuries the past 2 year and will do the same if he can't finish this season. He is the captian of this team in every way. No question about it.

·
20,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Camp opens next Friday the 18th I think. Season only a month later. It'll be here before you know it. What an awesome time of year that is. Season opens, archery in full swing, duck hunting, great trout fishing. Just the greatest month of the year.

·
Registered
569 Posts
looking at the schedule, some very good news for the penguins and fans they don't have to play the flyers,rangers or islanders at all this year!(2015). And only play the flyers & islanders once and rangers twice (4 games) by march of 2016. useless information I know. but hey teams in our division always seem to hurt us.

·
Registered
16,456 Posts
Doesn't it behoove the league to schedule the Pens/Flyers as much as they can in a season ? What gives ?

1 - 20 of 9086 Posts