The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 222 Posts

·
Registered
2,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2015-16 Flyers Season

Not that we have much to look forward too LOL. Puck drops @ 7:00 vs the Islanders playing at Allentown.

·
Registered
4,714 Posts
Re: 2015-16 Flyers Season

It's still hockey, finally!! I watched the 3rd period. Of course it was sloppy, but I love hockey, not matter who it is that's playing. Heck, I even go watch the Amish tournaments around here in the winter.

I'm not expecting much this year either ice, but ya never know, they may surprise us.

·
Registered
2,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Yeah hockey RULES... LOL. There were some bright spots like that kid(Konecny), I doubt he plays in Philly for a year or three though. And overall the general play seemed a little better than the past 2-3 years, crisp passing and good hits. Of course the Islanders top line was in NY playing + beating our 2nd line.

The dreaded Rangers tonight in a mandatory overtime game 3 on 3 - Hopefully another nail in the shootouts coffin !

·
Registered
5,725 Posts

There's always something to look forward too!!!! <span style="font-size: 26pt"><span style="color: #FF9900">Go Flyers!!!!</span></span>

·
Registered
2,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Got them on the NHL channel @ NYR. be interesting to watch with the Rangers sportscasters calling the game LOL. They sent down most of the young talent so well see what happens.

·
Registered
2,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Well without the youngsters they went back to their loosing ways 1-6 on PP don't think they had more than 1 shot on the 1st two. Meanwhile Mason faced 40+ for the game and only got 3rd star LOL.

·
Registered
2,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

@ Tampa 7:30 puck drop. They count from now on

·
Registered
4,714 Posts

WOW!! That 3 on 3 OT is something to watch. I hate shootouts, I think it will really cut down on the amount of SO's they have. I know we ended up on the wrong side of OT, but what do you guys think of it??

·
Registered
2,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

Time to rebound for the home opener - the bad news is we have to face the Panthers again. Hopefully the boys can at least make them play instead of losing the game in the first 5 minutes
Mason not starting "family issues"

·
Registered
5,255 Posts

I posted this in the o14-15 post back when they picked up Nwuvirth
Perfect backup

Contrary to what most say I love Neuvirth. Seen him alot in Hershey. Lots of untapped potential. Upgrade from razor with a possible future somewhere

·
Registered
4,714 Posts

Time will tell, hopefully not just a 2 game fluke, but made some pretty good saves last night. Shutting out the Hawks?, lets hope the whole thing is not a fluke!!

·
Registered
2,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

Sad to see Kimmo retire, but it was nice he came back to Philly to do it. One of the nicest guys in the game
Still ticked the Flyers didn't jump Letang when they met the next year

Nuevirth was pretty good against both the Panthers and the Hawks. Razor was good but he was wearing down. I guess we get Mason to start against the Stars, hopefully he has forgotten all about that start in Florida LOL. 7:30 puck drop

·
Registered
1,601 Posts

I think she's gonna be a loooooooonnggg season boys.. down 4-2 to the B's Nulvie pulled 5 min into the 2nd.

·
Registered
4,714 Posts

TUrend out OK long beard.....was looking grim there for a while. I guess the boys have some fight in them. WE will take it after the past couple seasons....

·
Registered
2,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

On a shootout no less

·
Registered
2,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

Well after a dismal road trip out west the girls were able to end it with a win at Winnepeg. Thanks largely to Nuevirth(is Mason hurt?) and his 3rd shutout
Can't say much for the rest of them as they were pretty well out played .... again

·
Registered
2,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #20

And yet again out played only this time Nuevirth wasn't much help either.

1 - 20 of 222 Posts