The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 190 Posts

·
Registered
3,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's still early but it's not far away.Had a friend shoot a big buck last week that dropped one side and after he shot the buck the other side dropped.

When you start finding those sheds be sure to post them here...

GOOD LUCK Everyone,Hope you all have a GREAT year with the sheds!!

·
Registered
3,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
These were found over the summer while out looking for bottles.

The next day in the same area the spike was found.

On another trip found this old chewed shed.

Another day.

This next one was lying along the side of a country road.We found out later this buck had a run in with a vehicle and the impact knocked this antler off.

And this last one that laid for a while.

It won't be long before there will be some fresh ones on the ground....

·
Registered
210 Posts
Not quite 2014 sheds, but I stumbled across this matching set (9pt) the 1st week of rifle season in WMU 2G. Rough estimated score would've been just shy of 130" P&Y.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Went out yesterday for the 1st time and managed to find 5 sheds including a match set 9 point which is the largest match set I have ever found !! Anyone that can help me post pictures I would like to show them !!

·
Registered
3,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Awesome day man!!

Open a free account on Photobucket.com Then copy and post your pics to your message.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Ill be going out for the first time this year on saturday. Got a total of 29 different buck on the property so should be a decent season this year.

·
Registered
3,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I was driving by a small old orchard I hit every year so I decided to take a quick walk.The orchard is a small family run orchard and over the last 10 years it's been slowly closing down.There's only a handful of trees still standing and they' stopped producing any fruit.I wasn't expecting much so I was surprised to find anything.
I wasn't looking 2 minutes when I spotted an old busted off antler laying up against a tree.

Hope this first find isn't an indication how the rest of my season will go.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Nice finds everyone. I'm been on this site for a long time but haven't posted much. Anyway I'm an addicted shed hunter and so far this year it has been different for me to say the least. The last two weeks of December I was off work and not hunting so I spent quite a bit of time walking mostly in the local gamelands. I found 15 sheds 9 of them were from this year. Most were on the small side with a couple of decent 50 or so inch four point sides. since then I've only found one small spike. During December I was tripping over them now nothing. I've found sheds before in December but only one or two definitely different this year for me so far. I have to get a couple of pictures posted on here soon and good luck to everyone out looking.

1 - 20 of 190 Posts