The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
24,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The show started in 1955 and attendance is a tradition in Pennsylvania. The name an and the business that is the Eastern Outdoor and Sportsman's Show is owned by Reed Expo.

With the 2013 show to begin in bout a week surrounded by the controversy of the gun ban: will you attend the 2014 show if Reed Expo is the promoter next year?

<span style="font-weight: bold">For this year</span>, if Reed Expo/ Outdoor Show reverses their decision; will you change your mind and attend the show?

·
Registered
4,494 Posts
1 don't know
2 NO

·
Registered
9,843 Posts
I was going to go this year, but now I am not.

I will not go back as long as Reed has the show. Just like when Citibank refused to extend a line of credit to a gun manufacturer a few years ago. I closed my account with them and have never opened one with them since.
Even if Reed reverses their decison now, it will only be for financial reasons. They showed their TRUE colors with the original decision.

·
Registered
3,289 Posts
It's probably too late for them to reverse their decision for this year, the damage is already done.
If Reed truely realizes their mistake, apologizes, and does not take legal action against vendors who pulled out because of the controversy, I would consider going next year. Otherwise NO!

·
Registered
182 Posts
I will not attend as long as Reed puts on the show. Even if they change their stance, they have shown their true colors. They are anti-gun.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
No I will not. The local Harrisburg News Affiliate for ABC ran a story on it that aired saturday morning and the interviews they showed the people said they were still going and only one person said that they weren't. I really hope that this was just them making it look like that and that they got more no gos than still will attends.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Good maybe the lines won't be as long! I highly doubt it though as the people on here are the minority. Most people go to see the outfitters and new hunting/fishing gear.

·
Registered
459 Posts
I was going to take the family this year for the first time. Since it is possible i would be the only one there, I will not be attending....mebbe next year.

·
Registered
24,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
johnmas said:
Good maybe the lines won't be as long! I highly doubt it though as the people on here are the minority. Most people go to see the outfitters and new hunting/fishing gear.

Don't be to sure of that... look around the netand the press / comments to articles.

·
Registered
763 Posts
johnmas I hope you have a real nice time.

No I will never go again as long as Reed has it.
I do think they will change their mind as away to keep the money from the vendors.when I talked to my hotel I was told I have 24 hours before to cancel. I'm wanting to see if there is going to be a protest outside. But they told me that they have had alot of people canceling hotel rooms.

·
Registered
18,715 Posts
I won't be going until the stance is changed. This year, the next or the next after that.

·
Registered
2,980 Posts
johnmas said:
You are quite naive. Do you think this is the only hunting chat site? Take a look at some other sites the forums are the same. Check the MD sites, the NY sites, the WV sites, The VA sites. Lots and lots of sportsmen are fed up with this garbage and only way to remedy it is to take a firm stance.

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Nope, me and the 4 or 5 others I usually go with, won't be attending. Keep up the good work HPA members and keep this ball rolling.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts