The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I went to start my 2014 2500hd and it did not crank or start. There was power from the battery. The truck has 35k and I have an extended bumper to bumper warranty. I had the truck towed to the dealer that I purchased the truck from new. Two weeks later and a few thousands $$ they still have no idea what's wrong. They called me and asked if they should continue to try to fix because the warranty might not keep covering the labor. I told them it's a $65k truck they better know how to fix thier own product! I'm a little concerned, as I haven't heard back from them in a few days. I don't know what actions I have here. Anyone have any experience or guidence?

·
Registered
85 Posts
Suggest you read your warranty documentation carefully to find out what their obligations are. Also, GM probably has some sort of regional management to appeal these type of issues. You can probably find it in the user manual or on their website. I hope you have a loaner.

Any attorneys on here care to comment?

·
Super Moderator
4,562 Posts
I hope your extended warranty is GM extended warranty not an aftermarket one.When I worked at a GM dealer it was called GMPP.There are several different levels of GMPP also.Ask if they have contacted technical assistance for advice.My opinion is that they have no "qualified" diesel technician on staff.If it won't start there should some codes or lack of fuel pressure,which should set a code.

·
Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My warranty is not a Gm warranty. The dealer has a specific commercial large truck dept. It's it own separate building and garage where they service large commercial fleet trucks up to tractor trailers.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Not the first time I've heard of this. Each one of the prior cases, while still on factory warranty, I've heard of ended with GM giving owner new truck.

·
Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I was finally able to pick up my truck last Thursday. They replaced 2 control modules. $1k in parts $2k in labor. There were signs of rodents but not sure if that caused the issue. I paid $50 deductible. I'm thinking remaining calm paid off in this case rather then flipping out.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts