The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Posted over at chasingame.com by Anthony.

Click on any pic to zoom.

http://www.chasingame.com/index.php?id=292

For myself, I'm looking forward to the new Reconyx. Both white and black flash and now with hd video and audio. 30 fps for the video vs 16 fps for the current Bushnells. They also are going to employ 2 separate lenses. One for day and one for night. First time I've seen this. The 80 ft range of the black flash version sounds very appealing. They also have a MMS option as an add-on with certain cams but I think the price is ridiculous.

The new DLC Coverts look great as well. The Black 60 and Red 40 will now have hd video with sound. These were my favorite cams last year and the upgrades make it even more appealing to me. Company has excellent customer service that's maybe a hair behind Reconyx(and I mean a hair).

Browning is getting into the trail cam market and has some good looking cams that are currently being tested out by some users over at chasingame. Initial reviews look good. They will also have hd video with sound and the red ir version promises no motion blur but we'll see about that. If they work like they should, they look like great buys for the budget minded.

I'm sure there will be some other good looking cams coming out this year so it might be worth waiting to see how some of these test out before pulling the gun.

·
Registered
6,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Actually, $600.*grin*

From what I'm seeing, there' will be many good choices in the $200 range and probably a couple good cams that are closer to $100. I'll be running some direct comparisons later in the spring on some new models and I'll post them here.

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
Good deal, I enjoy your posts on trailcams. Your posts on chasinggame encouraged me to buy a couple coverts. I'm blown away at the pictures I have been missing.

Anxious to see the test results this spring!

·
Registered
6,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've posted that review before and while he's right that Reconyx didn't take the sharpest or best quality pics, there's no denying it is a picture taking machine that rarely gets false triggers. It is what I consider the only commercial quality camera besides Buckeye cams.

I was pretty critical of Reconyx last year for failing to make any upgrades while other manufactures picked up the slack but if you look at this year's specs, this is a pretty exciting cam(XR6 and WR6 models).

They went from 3.1 megapixels to 8 and have higher power leds for increased flash range. They also added a completely separate lens for night pics. In addition, they now have a large lcd screen and HD video with sound for the first time.

Reconyx cameras just work and rarely have I ever heard of them letting someone down and their customer service is simply outstanding even out of warranty.

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
Cuddeback’s are not getting many votes... they are highly touted and over advertised.
They even went to court to avoid having their cameras independently tested and reviewed..
I owned some.. never again.. older models were big , bulky , D batts I’m using Bushnell Trophy cams now..
they are crazy simple.. and battery life is amazing even in sub teens temperature.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts