The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
16,496 Posts
Unless I'm thinking wrong, looks like cutbacks in stockings in the streams I fish over last year.

·
Registered
662 Posts
In several SE counties, it looks like the majority of the streams had their number of stockings slashed by 1 vs. prior years. Oh well, that's a sign of the times.

·
Registered
4,445 Posts
eyefromthesky said:
Well all of my favorite streams for fall stocking have been cut.
Same here. Even the DHALO section doesn't have the fall stocking. That will mean almost no "hold over" trout to fish for before the first spring stocking.

·
Registered
13,493 Posts
I wonder why they left the streams in Potter on the fall stocking list? That goes against their reasoning of keeping fall stockings in areas of high usage streams. Some of the ones they cut are really disappointing. On some of them you can catch the fall stocking trout clear up until the spring stocking. Heck there's always people fishing Salmon Creek in the fall but they took it off. I wish they'd cut the lakes out instead.

·
Registered
4,445 Posts
eyefromthesky said:
I wonder why they left the streams in Potter on the fall stocking list? That goes against their reasoning of keeping fall stockings in areas of high usage streams. Some of the ones they cut are really disappointing. On some of them you can catch the fall stocking trout clear up until the spring stocking. Heck there's always people fishing Salmon Creek in the fall but they took it off. I wish they'd cut the lakes out instead.
That's when I do most of my trout fishing. Real early in the DHALO sections before the traditional opener. I am very disappointed.

·
Registered
16,496 Posts
PFBC isn't receiving anything near what the PGC is in terms of shale revenue. I'm sure there a + and - when it comes to combining the agencies, but sharing in that revenue would be a HUGE + for PFBC right now.

Maybe if the PFBC schmmoozes the PGC, they will share some.

·
Registered
4,335 Posts
You think its short now, wait till next year when they drop the bellefonte hatchery and another. Its going to go down again.

Anyone who has a problem paying increases on fishing and hunting licenses should walk into the bathroom and take a hard look in the mirror.

Any time one of our state sports agencies need money everyone starts wondering whats in it for them. Well heres one area to get cut thats what was in it for you.

·
Registered
22,098 Posts
Bill_Weber_RRT said:
Less fish is acceptable?? What the reason for the cut backs???
PFBC is pleading poverty. They say when they increase license fees, they lose some fishermen permanently.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Fishing in this state is going downhill for years. Less, smaller trout, less stockings every year. I deal with many people on a daily basis, and usually end up talking fishing or hunting. Not a single trout fisherman I asked wouldn't mind paying 5 dollars more a year for a trout stamp, "IF", the state puts more trout in. They should cut many of the fingerling stockings as well. They dump thousands of trout fingerlings into Beltzville lake for years, it is rare to catch one. All it is doing is feeding the stripers, walleye, and Muskie, and flushing money down the drain.

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
GRock said:
Fishing in this state is going downhill for years. Less, smaller trout, less stockings every year. I deal with many people on a daily basis, and usually end up talking fishing or hunting. Not a single trout fisherman I asked wouldn't mind paying 5 dollars more a year for a trout stamp, "IF", the state puts more trout in. They should cut many of the fingerling stockings as well. They dump thousands of trout fingerlings into Beltzville lake for years, it is rare to catch one. All it is doing is feeding the stripers, walleye, and Muskie, and flushing money down the drain.
I agree with the fingerling stocking....They do the same thing in the Reservoir on 7 mtns. Every year they stock thousands of fingerlings in it......for what its impossible to fish! You cant take a boat on it and it is only accessible from 1 spot basically. When they drain it it is almost straight down from the bank.

Its just a waste of fish!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts