The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys
just want to put it out there. i have elected to not go out for the spring season coming up.i want to concentrate on getting more fishing in instead cuz last year i didnt get out much. i wish all of you HPA members the best of luck this season and be safe.

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
Okay, good luck fishing,Just means more for us.lol

·
Premium Member
24,188 Posts
I used to be a hard core fisherman until I started spring gobbler hunting, now fishing takes a back seat for me.

·
Registered
1,842 Posts
I do both! I turkey hunt in the morning and flyfish for trout during the afternoon. The best of both worlds! I get to participate in my two favorite outdoor activities the same day

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
We'll turkey hunt in the morning and then nap and if we aren't scouting for the next morning, we'll be doing casting big, rainbow and brown trout pattern rapalas for walleyes at dusk or hitting the tribs for some steelies if the water is high and cold enough still...

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
No diehard turkey hunter ever gives up spring hunting to go fishing. Fish in the afternoon and on Sundays. More turkeys for me if you don't go! Best of luck with those fish!

·
Registered
2,948 Posts
I fish a heck of a lot after turkey season, before season I like to scout turks in the morning and fish a little later if I have the time. Generally though, fishing through the month of may is very limited for me. Like others said, to each his own. I believe that no matter how hard I tried to stay away, if I was fishing and heard a gobbler thundering down a hollow, I dont think I would be able to take it...lol

1 - 17 of 17 Posts