The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know what the numbers are gonna be for this fall's pheasant hunting season? Are they gonna be like this past season in the 200,000? How long was that gas lease $ from last year gonna last?

·
Registered
636 Posts
Everything I've heard is that these changes are in place indefinitely. These gas leases are exactly that - leases which last for extended periods of time. So I think they'll keep the allocation numbers where they are for years to come. Or at least until the Game Commission people give themselves raises and are looking to free up some money !

·
Registered
636 Posts
"So the people that work for the PGC dont deserve raises? Dont hate the player hate the game!"

Man, you looking for some action here or what ? Slow day for you ?

Not sure where I even said I thought them getting raises was good or bad........

·
Registered
2,436 Posts
Nope, no action. Your statement says everything it needs to say.

"Or at least until the Game Commision People gives themselves a raise and are looking to free up some money."

Which means to me that the stockings will stay the same until the PGC gives raises and then they cut it down again.
Sounds like to me you dont want the PGC to have raises so the stocking rate stays at 200,000. that is how it reads to me.

·
Registered
636 Posts
What I meant to say was that I really enjoy sharing information on boards like this and meeting guys who like to do the same. You have yourself a great day.

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Rober said:

"Or at least until the Game Commision People gives themselves a raise and are looking to free up some money."

Which means to me that the stockings will stay the same until the PGC gives raises and then they cut it down again.
Sounds like to me you dont want the PGC to have raises so the stocking rate stays at 200,000. that is how it reads to me.
I'm for a raise it is past due. But for raises for workers equipment, etc. If they can vote a raise lets vote in a pheasant stamp along with it. It would only be fair. To hunt certain species we need to purchase a tag, or stamp, should be no different to hunt pheasant. The PGC does a fine job on the gamelands for what they have, most just don't walk far enough in to see how nice they are. But 200k is plenty when all adjoining properties around gamelands are mostly posted and do not have any small game cover.

·
Registered
2,436 Posts
Alpine Shooter said:
Rober said:

I'm for a raise it is past due. But for raises for workers equipment, etc. If they can vote a raise lets vote in a pheasant stamp along with it. It would only be fair. To hunt certain species we need to purchase a tag, or stamp, should be no different to hunt pheasant. The PGC does a fine job on the gamelands for what they have, most just don't walk far enough in to see how nice they are. But 200k is plenty when all adjoining properties around gamelands are mostly posted and do not have any small game cover.
I totally aggree with the Pheasant stamp. I wouldnt mind paying for a stamp for a chance to hunt some pheasants. I would rather see it as a habitat stamp with most of the proceeds put back into habitat. I aggree the PGC does an excellent job for what they have. I am sure if they had an increased budget they would be able to do even more.

·
Registered
2,970 Posts
The PGC can not vote a pheasant stamp,that has to be done by the legislature.It has been14 years since the last license increase, as much as we may want a pheasant stamp that is not a political reality.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts