The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What a great atmosphere. Makes HD TV a must.

Lot of story lines this year.

Tiger. His come back year?

Freddie Couples bad back yet one behind the leader.

The 14 year old kid from China penalized one stroke for slow play. Will he make the cut?

Just saw 63 year old Tom Watson. Gives me hope.

Also: Club admitted women this year. Condi Rice looked good in her green jacket.

Another also: All three US major's this year are on courses with grounds superintendents that are PSU graduates.

·
Registered
2,948 Posts
[/URL]

"This unknown, comes out of nowhere... to lead the pack.... here at Augustaaaaaaaaa...."

·
Registered
21,036 Posts
I'd like to see Furyk win a green jacket.

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The shot that went in the water and the penalized shot were both pretty darn good! If he can come back now, that will be the story for this year.

·
Banned
3,632 Posts
Problem is when he replaced the ball via dropping it he gave himself an advantage. The tournament official who ruled on the drop incorrectly gave it his approval. Even still, Tiger knew he gave himself an advantage but did not know he broke a rule. What complicates it further was his intent and no knows that but Tiger.

The fact that the rules committee made a decision (2 stoke penalty) and did not tell Tiger about it until after he finished his round and signed his card.....is being used as a reason for not DQ'ing him. They met with Tiger and his people at 8:00 this morning to view the footage and discuss further. End result is they feel Tiger's intent was not to give himself an advantage. Therefore a DQ is not warranted. I wonder how much CBS had to do with this?

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Realtrehntr said:
I read that a viewer had called about the rule and that's what prompted the review?
I believe that happened.

But what got Tiger in trouble was his interview after he signed his card and he said he moved back 2 yards behind the original shot which was the violation. Lot of confusion within the rules but I think they got it about right in the end.

CBS had a pretty good interview with one of the rules guys and he explained it pretty well. Jim Nance, as well as a lot of others, was pretty hard on Tiger. The official did a good job explaining a 2 year rule that justified their call. Getting to the point where you need to be a lawyer to understand the rules.

·
Banned
3,632 Posts
bearhollow said:
Realtrehntr said:
I read that a viewer had called about the rule and that's what prompted the review?
I believe that happened.

But what got Tiger in trouble was his interview after he signed his card and he said he moved back 2 yards behind the original shot which was the violation. Lot of confusion within the rules but I think they got it about right in the end.

CBS had a pretty good interview with one of the rules guys and he explained it pretty well. Jim Nance, as well as a lot of others, was pretty hard on Tiger. The official did a good job explaining a 2 year rule that justified their call. Getting to the point where you need to be a lawyer to understand the rules.
I did see some of that after my prior post. This is a hard call to make. I still have a hard time believing CBS didn't play a role in this somehow. The field appears to be split on their opinions and it seems many of the older professionals, whether or not they agree with the final decision, feel Tiger should have done the honorable thing and WD.

No matter. I am anxiously awaiting to see some good golf today. I hope Freddy can turn things around but he's going to need a miracle, plus his back may not hold up.

·
Super Moderator
4,539 Posts
I don't think a "viewer" should decide the outcome of a missed call...If the official missed it, they missed it...happens everyday in sports.

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Was watching Fred standing while waiting to putt. He was stretching like his back was starting to be troublesome. Wonder if that had something to do with yesterday's work.

·
Registered
17,319 Posts
Was watching Fred standing while waiting to putt. He was stretching like his back was starting to be troublesome. Wonder if that had something to do with yesterday's work.
Or the pucker factor of Sunday at The Masters!

Gonna be real interesting down the stretch with Cabrera and Snedeker starting to spray balls all over the place, and their putts all of a sudden are less than stellar. Buckle up, gonna be a fun ride!

Since Freddie is out of it, I wouldn't mind seeing Jason Day win.

·
Banned
3,632 Posts
Snedeker is struggling out of the gate but he just nailed one on a par 3. We'll see if he can sink it.

·
Registered
17,319 Posts
Cabrera and Snedeker are both in the drink. The pucker factor is starting to build. Meanwhile, Jason Day and Adam Scott (who got very lucky in the hazard) are making their charge.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts