The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone see what they released yet..Im planning on buying a CPX I just wanted to make sure they did not do much to the 2012.

·
Registered
19,655 Posts
All the secrets will be out in a few days at the ATA. Last year their booth was chaos. Folks lined up to get free Bowtech Tatoos.

·
Registered
2,870 Posts
I would think we should see a release tomorrow!

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
dpms said:
All the secrets will be out in a few days at the ATA. Last year their booth was chaos. Folks lined up to get free Bowtech Tatoos.
thats funny. one of the last things i would put on my body forever.

·
Banned
2,524 Posts
Its more disappointing than last year. If anything, they went backwards. A 7" brace 32" ATA bow thats supposed to be super smooth and only 335 fps IBO. Looks like I'll be sticking with the Carnage for another year. Nobody came out with anything spectactular thats for sure. There's no reason we shouldn't be seeing 7" brace height bows with good draw cycles that get 350+ IBO. The technology is certainly out there.

·
Registered
2,870 Posts
The Experience looks good but those specs are not what I was hoping to see either. I am probably going to wait another year as well and see what happens or buy an insanity.

·
Registered
949 Posts
Yeah nothing to crazy. Pretty much last years bows with new names. I agree with shootbowtech about 7 inch brace height and 350 ibo bows. There is a guy on Archery Talk that builds Hoyts that has 7 inch brace heights and ibo 350.

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
I think they decided to concentrate on smoothness/quietness and not chase numbers for the speed junkies. It says right in the description this is a "genuine hunting bow". I want to shoot one but I am plenty happy with my Assassin. Doesn't seem like it met the hype, but that's the risk you take with anticipated release that they always do.

I also heard through the grapevine they were supposed to release two bows today but one wasn't ready. Not sure if that's all rumor or has some truth.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Bow companies will only release there best technology when another manufacturer decides to put out a ground breaking innovation. Best believe that all of the major manufacturers have that 350 ibo 7" brace design in the computer.. but until one company decides to throw it out to the world the others aren't going to.. Only need to compete with whats out on the market right now!

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
robbie9116 said:
Bow companies will only release there best technology when another manufacturer decides to put out a ground breaking innovation. Best believe that all of the major manufacturers have that 350 ibo 7" brace design in the computer.. but until one company decides to throw it out to the world the others aren't going to.. Only need to compete with whats out on the market right now!
You're 100% right and most of the time these added features aren't even necessary things. The point is to give people a reason to buy a new bow every year or two. It's sort of like computers and how they have things added every 6 months to just sell the new versions. Reality is 5 years ago most of us probably had bows that worked just fine and we were very impressed with. Me....I still have my 2004 Bowtech Justice VFT....and for that reason my next bow will be a Bowtech for that specific reason...it's lasted me.

·
Registered
211 Posts
well i love bowtech bows.. i wanted the destroyer an couldnt find one an needed a new bow so i bought the insanity black opps cpx last year.. not a fan of split limb bows never have been,, shot 3 deer with it an got rid of it am got the destroyer 350 black opps .. was really hoping bowtech was gona release an new solid limb bow... tired of all this split limb crap.. hopefull next year they release an new an improved solid limb bow ...

·
Banned
2,524 Posts
The reason they don't go back to solid limbs is because they're less durable and less efficient. Solid limbs have a very small working area and an area that receives a ton of stress under severe loading. Split limbs have almost a 100% working area, and can be very heavily preloaded. They're lighter, quieter, more stable, and faster and there's a reason every top bow manufacturer has switched to split limbs on their high end bows. Even the company that used to act smugly towards every other company for using split limbs and anything other than solo cams now uses both...

·
Registered
211 Posts
shootbowtech said:
The reason they don't go back to solid limbs is because they're less durable and less efficient. Solid limbs have a very small working area and an area that receives a ton of stress under severe loading. Split limbs have almost a 100% working area, and can be very heavily preloaded. They're lighter, quieter, more stable, and faster and there's a reason every top bow manufacturer has switched to split limbs on their high end bows. Even the company that used to act smugly towards every other company for using split limbs and anything other than solo cams now uses both...
well im not a fan of split limb bows never have been..to many moving parts.. i feel theres to much movement an cam lean .. i bought the insanity cpx yes its a nice bow an nice shooting bow but most new bows are.. i like my destroyer alot better..an will not buy another bowtech until they release another solid limb bow..jmo

1 - 20 of 33 Posts